SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked the reservoir and it was low, not completely empty like the OP’s but low nonetheless, I ordered the Oberon piece form Motowheels for $133 shipped.
I never changed a clutch slave before but I’ve bleed brakes on my bikes many times before, hopefully the installation and bleeding isn’t too tragic to perform.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You'll figure it out I reckon. Hardest part is pouring little tiny bits of brake fluid in that dinky master reservoir without spilling. :thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
You'll figure it out I reckon. Hardest part is pouring little tiny bits of brake fluid in that dinky master reservoir without spilling. :thumbup:

Most Certainly your Clutch Slave Cylinder has Failed...Replaced mine with a Oberon before it had a Chance to Fail....Bleeding the System is Easy, Attach an 8mm closed end wrench over the Bleeder,then attach a clear hose over the bleeder with the other end into a plastic bottle,Pull the Clutch Lever in and out Several Times to Build up Pressure, While holding the Lever in crack the Bleeder on the Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder, Keep filling the reservoir with brake fluid,repeat process until fluid comes out the clear hose with no bubbles. Top up your reservoir to the fill mark, and your done....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds as easy as the brake bleed.
Will tackle this Friday, I need to go riding this weekend, it's my weekly medicine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yup. I'm dealing with it right now too. Brutal. My bike is going into the shop for warranty replacement on Wednesday.
Yeah - Brutal it is! Let me know how it works out - i have to call the shop in the morning and see what the schedule is..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts

The seal was lost despite the entire piece.

y

I replaced it with Oberon. I installed the gasket incorrectly and it leaked - it folds easy — second install used very thin layer of gasket seal to stick the gasket to the surface correctly.

Nice part - all good again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts