SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on removing the entire ABS from these bikes?
Will I likely get a light/fault code?

Where in the system is the part that releases the brake pressure when activated?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes mate there is a plug in dongle you can get from Husqvarna it's $130 I think . I have it on mine un like stock it only gives you abs on the front wheel or if you press your abs button it switches completely off .
Hope that's the right answer :)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good info thanks.

My preference would be to remove the components completely.
For a start, my spare wheels don't have ABS rings.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What wheels did you get I'm going to need a spare set for rain wheels
I bought a set of late model Duke wheels. I can't confirm if they fit yet. (The rear fits my 690E, the front doesn't- narrower triples)
Another thing to be aware of with these wheels is that the discs are not interchangeable. IE need Duke discs (I bought a braketech cast iron disc - ensure its for the year the wheels are from. The bolt pattern changed.

Alternatively, any KTM front should fit, but you need the "wide" rear hub.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled the 3 ABS fuses out.
No fault code, but the speedo didn't work. (It uses the ABS ring)

I have no desire to have any sort of ABS. It affects the feel of the front brake. Randomly and severely if the rear wheel leaves the ground. I'm a "braided line from lever to caliper" kind of guy.
I've had it reset to "on" after a nice wheelie, and obviously after skidding the rear causing a momentary stall.

I'm still deciding on a plan of attack.
One option would be remove all the ABS components, inc the 3 fuses, and the instruments and put something like a Trail Tech Vapor on. Run a magnet on the front (or rear) disc for the speedo. Wrap a wire around the stick coil for the tacho, and jam it past the o rings destroying the seal. (Still unable to find any other way to trigger a Tacho. As frustrating as trying to talk sense to a TV).

Two advantages would be a tacho and temp gage. Both disappointing omissions from the Husky.

The wiring for the blinkers/high beam/low fuel lights might not be straight forward

All far from ideal.

Any higher quality, maybe TFT "dashes" available, does anyone know?

Anyone know where a KTM 690 gets its tacho signal?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed, no ABS please or better feeling ABS! This is pulse city and slow pulses with lots of feedback. That messes me up more that just it sliding which is predictable.

But rather not hack it up much so dongle maybe, or so you just don't have a speedo when you pull the fuses, I could live with that maybe not like ever going the speed limit anyways so what's the point of knowing?:hmmm:

Probably loose my license yet again:headshake

Well if you figure anything out will be interested. Also love a tach!

Regards!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going to revive this as I have my 701 stripped and want to deal with the ABS at the same time.

I have plugged the four ABS pump lines, and believe I can move the rear brake switch banjo (which was connected to the ABS pump) to the rear brake mc.

However, I don't think it would be a great idea to run the ABS pump with the four lines plugged. So wondering if I were to pull the two fuses for the ABS pump, will the speedo keep working and not show any faults?

Really do want to keep the stock odo if possible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going to revive this as I have my 701 stripped and want to deal with the ABS at the same time.

I have plugged the four ABS pump lines, and believe I can move the rear brake switch banjo (which was connected to the ABS pump) to the rear brake mc.

However, I don't think it would be a great idea to run the ABS pump with the four lines plugged. So wondering if I were to pull the two fuses for the ABS pump, will the speedo keep working and not show any faults?

Really do want to keep the stock odo if possible.
So I finally got around to doing the above last week and tested yesterday. Can confirm that with all four lines plugged from ABS unit and the two abs pump fuses removed, I don't get an FI light. But the speedo also doesn't work. Any suggestions? Still don't think it's a good idea to keep the pump fuses in whilst the lines are plugged, but guess that may be the only option to keep the speedo working?

·
Registered
59 Posts
So it looks like the speedo will work with just the ABS hydraulic unit fuse in, the 15A fuse.

Haven't started the bike, but at least with the ignition on and that fuse in (ABS pump fuse still removed), the speedo was showing a reading when I spun the front wheel.

So in summary, all I did was remove all the ABS lines from the bike, plug the lines from the unit, remove the ABS hydraulic unit fuse, and move the rear brake switch sensor from the unit to the rear mc. No more ABS, speedo still working and have straight lines from front/rear mc to calipers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts