SuperMoto Junkie banner

1701 - 1720 of 1747 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yah. It was the sketchiest riding I've ever done on this bike. Trying to get home was a real nightmare in heavy traffic and red lights.

I'm fairly alarmed here. I was just reading a thread on the Vitpilen forum (link below) and some are saying Husky knows about the issue and have improved the part. I dunno.

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/clutch-went-out-at/
I’m sorry to hear you were in heavy traffic ! That sucks ! I was in light traffic and going downhill mostly so I could coast in neutral for a ways traffic lights were brutal - had to kill the ignition and hold the bike with the brake until engine died.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Guys I race with, just buy a pack of various sized “Hydraulic O rings” from the auto parts store.
Each pack has 3? that are the correct size.

My Husky dealer has obviously found a source (Not genuine) he gave me one for my 701, and one for my FS450.
Unfortunately, I’d left them home when my clutch failed at the races. I fixed it with an O ring I had in my spares kit. It worked perfectly. I’m not sure of it’s long term suitability (regards “Hydraulic” rating) so intend to replace it with the supplied O ring.
22mm by 2.5mm Oring?

I have some viton in the garage is that really all that goes wrong ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Season is almost over here, here's some pics from the last supermono-race over in scandinavia. I placed 4th in the wet-race! :bannana: Soon it's off-season and the hunt for 90hp starts!
Great photo’s
Bike/Rider/ Action all look fantastic.

What are the plans in your quest for another 10hp?

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
22mm by 2.5mm Oring?

I have some viton in the garage is that really all that goes wrong ?

I’m away working.
Can measure the O-rings supplied by my dealer in a week...

I had a packet of mixed O-Rings at the races. When my clutch failed (Stalling, locking the brake with the clutch lever in.) I used the one out of my packet that looked closest. (And thickest dia)
Worked perfectly for the next days races - but plan on putting the supplied one in ASAP.

Will post the dimensions of the recommended ones when I arrive home.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Last Sunday with a track group near Dallas, Tx. Was riding the 701, which was a great fit for the short track. Spent most of the last session trying to keep up with a RSV4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great photo’s
Bike/Rider/ Action all look fantastic.

What are the plans in your quest for another 10hp?
Thanks!

Today it's putting out 80hp on the rear wheel at the dyno i always done the testing, a stock bike in the same dyno makes 70rwhp.

Goal is 85rwhp. That should be 90hp ish @ crank.

733cc, cylinder head porting and a custom intake setup is my plan.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks!

Today it's putting out 80hp on the rear wheel at the dyno i always done the testing, a stock bike in the same dyno makes 70rwhp.

Goal is 85rwhp. That should be 90hp ish @ crank.

733cc, cylinder head porting and a custom intake setup is my plan.
YES! So excit3d for you!!

Hey is it a linden poskitt engine ? :) :) porting ! How does the new head work with the second counterbalancer?

I recently learned how to use a lambda data log to generate a average smoothed fuel map. it’s pretty fascinating experience working with the 625cc injector.

What are your plans for fuel injection?

Ride feels good with the pirate racing intake, outex.jp exhaust and tune.

·
Registered
90 Posts
YES! So excit3d for you!!

Hey is it a linden poskitt engine ? :) :) porting ! How does the new head work with the second counterbalancer?

I recently learned how to use a lambda data log to generate a average smoothed fuel map. it’s pretty fascinating experience working with the 625cc injector.

What are your plans for fuel injection?
4 choices for big bore, Josef Frauensheh from austria, Chopperworks in sweden, HKR Krämer ( i guess they use Josefs kit) and some company in the usa that i dont remember right now. I haven't checked out all alternatives yet. But my plan is to have a complete engine before christmas.

I'm gonna rebuild my current engine and modify, Lyndon builds on the older engine.

I have a bigger fuel injector already, it's a 550cc. Dream would be a standalone EFI instead of stock with piggyback, maybe next evolution. :rolleyes2:

Cool with some outex parts! I use his cylinder headgasket and engine under frame. His own 690 build is sick!

·
Registered
208 Posts
4 choices for big bore, Josef Frauensheh from austria, Chopperworks in sweden, HKR Krämer ( i guess they use Josefs kit) and some company in the usa that i dont remember right now. I haven't checked out all alternatives yet. But my plan is to have a complete engine before christmas.

I'm gonna rebuild my current engine and modify, Lyndon builds on the older engine.

I have a bigger fuel injector already, it's a 550cc. Dream would be a standalone EFI instead of stock with piggyback, maybe next evolution. :rolleyes2:

Cool with some outex parts! I use his cylinder headgasket and engine under frame. His own 690 build is sick!
Thank you! I have similar hopes and dreams ( large bore 701 dual counterbalancer ) ..

Yeah the outex 690 build is amaaaazing!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Are you thinking of mating the 84.5mm stroke to the 105mm piston and take out some compression points with a larger gasket ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I need this beautiful Akrapović exhaust gone, get it for $525 shipped.
You will save over $500
The baffles are out so its essentially an unrestricted muffler.
I sold the bike and the Akra is just sitting there, selling for $460 shipped, PM me if you're interested.
Cheers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally got my 701SM back in my hands after my clutch slave cylinder failure. Bike was fixed some time ago all under warranty. No arguing back and forth - just went in to my local Husky dealer, stated the problem, they fixed it. Due to my work schedule, I was unable to get the bike when it was done. I had to get my brother to get it for me and it sat at his house for a long time before I was able to get to it.

It's awesome to be back riding! I also ordered the Rottweiler Air Intake and PCV. Being shipped as we speak. Really looking forward to some increased power.

Now, if I could just get some decent low profile front LED turn signals...

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
The frame looks nicely braced when it’s bare.
Good basis for a nice handling bike.

I have a secret plan to build an F3 bike out of a Duke 690 (2016+, with the latest engine.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, now I'm thoroughly confused.

When you remove the stock air box from the 701SM there are two hose which are plugged into the bottom. That leaves two hoses open-ended but there is only one hole on Rott. Air intake to plug the crankcase breather into.

So..... just leave the one hose open ended?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, now I'm thoroughly confused.

When you remove the stock air box from the 701SM there are two hose which are plugged into the bottom. That leaves two hoses open-ended but there is only one hole on Rott. Air intake to plug the crankcase breather into.

So..... just leave the one hose open ended?
Two hoses - one that used to go to the emissions pump, one that goes to the side panel of the bike - I leave this hose open ended (goes to left/clutch side of bike panel)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Two hoses - one that used to go to the emissions pump, one that goes to the side panel of the bike - I leave this hose open ended (goes to left/clutch side of bike panel)

So you leave your crank case breather (connection is under left front fairing) open ended?

My solution for this was - reinstall crankcase breather from under left front fairing to Rott. baseplate. The other hose coming from the SAS (emissions I guess), I built a small filter on the open end so it's still filtered and functional.

Anyway, went for the first ride today and man, this thing rides so much smoother and rips like no tomorrow with the PCV mapped to Rott Intake and Wings slip on. One thing, do I need the fuel dongle too?

1701 - 1720 of 1747 Posts