SuperMoto Junkie banner

1681 - 1700 of 1730 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope I'm not braking any forum rules here, I tried posting in the for sale section but the browser keeps saying cannot load page, too many redirects.

I have a used Akrapović Euro4 exhaust for sale, in excellent condition, the baffles have been removed, it comes with a removable Catalytic converter.
They usually sell for $1200 new.
I can let this one go for $600 shipped, or make me a good offer.
Again, if I'm braking any rules, mods please delete this post, 8 dont wanna get banned :D
I need this beautiful Akrapović exhaust gone, get it for $525 shipped.
You will save over $500
The baffles are out so its essentially an unrestricted muffler.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I need this beautiful Akrapović exhaust gone, get it for $525 shipped.
You will save over $500
The baffles are out so its essentially an unrestricted muffler.
Does it come with the baffle and the catalyst insert ? IE I imagine it is eardrum blasting with out it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does it come with the baffle and the catalyst insert ? IE I imagine it is eardrum blasting with out it...

I have the baffles but you cant install them, you would have to take the muffler apart to weld a nut in order to slip them in and bolt them on but, it isn't extremely loud like you would imagine, it does come with the removable Catalytic which makes the exhaust quieter when using the cat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the baffles but you cant install them, you would have to take the muffler apart to weld a nut in order to slip them in and bolt them on but, it isn't extremely loud like you would imagine, it does come with the removable Catalytic which makes the exhaust quieter when using the cat.
Ok good to know - I’ll consider - thinking about getting my other exhaust set ceramic coated and could use a spare

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here is a video of my quickest lap for the day. Just 0.2 sec off my personal best. Really looking forward to getting the FC 450 into sm trim so I can compare times to the 701.

Went out again yesterday with a GoPro 7. The stable shot feature is great. And love the 4k res.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been loving this thing. Nothing too impressive in the mods department but a few small things that make a big difference. Wings slip-on, 15t front sprocket, and an add-on graphics kit from MCN Grafix. The graphics are nearly done. Just the swingarm, rad guards, and wheels to go. Chris @ MCN was really good and designed a pattern to suit the KTM hardparts handguards at no extra cost. Everything is really high quality and easy to work with (insofar as fitting graphics can be easy, it's a slow finicky job). The pipe I've left the baffle in for now as I do mostly night riding and a bit of stealth isn't a bad thing. The front sprocket should be the first thing anyone does to this bike. It's so much more suitable. Plus it does tidy 3rd gear clutch ups now.

I have been having some pulsing at low speed/low pressure on the front brake. Just when I'm coming to a stop it feels like the disk is a bit warped but not at speed or heavy braking. I'll give everything a good clean and make sure the floaters are free. If that doesn't do it I'll check the runout on the disk. Anyone else have this issue? I've warped disks racing but I you could feel that at high and low speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Count another Husky down from the infamous clutch slave cylinder failure.

One of the few last nice days of the season and I was out for quite a while around the city. I was downtown when I started to notice the clutch lever had more play. Instantly knew I had to get the hell home and fast. Lever had more play every time I touched it. Next red light and there's no resistance in the clutch lever. It's dead. Bike is creeping forward and then died. I waited on the side of the street until the light was ready to turn green, quickly started it, hit first gear (surprisingly the bike didn't die), and I managed to make it home just now.

Anyway, about to call my local dealer and see if they can take care of it quickly. Seems to be a common issue with Magura.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Count another Husky down from the infamous clutch slave cylinder failure.

One of the few last nice days of the season and I was out for quite a while around the city. I was downtown when I started to notice the clutch lever had more play. Instantly knew I had to get the hell home and fast. Lever had more play every time I touched it. Next red light and there's no resistance in the clutch lever. It's dead. Bike is creeping forward and then died. I waited on the side of the street until the light was ready to turn green, quickly started it, hit first gear (surprisingly the bike didn't die), and I managed to make it home just now.

Anyway, about to call my local dealer and see if they can take care of it quickly. Seems to be a common issue with Magura.
Good times. Mine was replaced under warranty with the previous owner. No doubt they just used the same Magura parts so I'm thinking I should order an Oberon slave cylinder and just swap it before it leaves me stranded and waiting on parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good times. Mine was replaced under warranty with the previous owner. No doubt they just used the same Magura parts so I'm thinking I should order an Oberon slave cylinder and just swap it before it leaves me stranded and waiting on parts.
There are so many people with this Magura slave cylinder issue. There is a youtube video of it happening to a rider while he records and all the comments are about others' that have the same issue.

I spoke to my dealer and they said it is covered by warranty but I really don't want them to use the Magura parts. Seems like there is almost a 100% failure rate with these things.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There are so many people with this Magura slave cylinder issue. There is a youtube video of it happening to a rider while he records and all the comments are about others' that have the same issue.

I spoke to my dealer and they said it is covered by warranty but I really don't want them to use the Magura parts. Seems like there is almost a 100% failure rate with these things.
It's not even confined to the 701. A mate's new FS450 race bike's just failed. He took pictures of the seal and it's shredded. I'm just going to order an Oberon one and fit it when I service it next. I hate to spend $200 on something that currently works but stranded on the side of the road I'm sure i'd gladly pay it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's not even confined to the 701. A mate's new FS450 race bike's just failed. He took pictures of the seal and it's shredded. I'm just going to order an Oberon one and fit it when I service it next. I hate to spend $200 on something that currently works but stranded on the side of the road I'm sure i'd gladly pay it.
Yah. It was the sketchiest riding I've ever done on this bike. Trying to get home was a real nightmare in heavy traffic and red lights.

I'm fairly alarmed here. I was just reading a thread on the Vitpilen forum (link below) and some are saying Husky knows about the issue and have improved the part. I dunno.

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/clutch-went-out-at/

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
I’ve mentioned it before on one of these threads:
The easiest and cheapest fix for the slave cylinder issue is to replace the seal with an O ring.
You need the correct size, in “hydraulic” material.

I haven’t heard of this fix failing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve mentioned it before on one of these threads:
The easiest and cheapest fix for the slave cylinder issue is to replace the seal with an O ring.
You need the correct size, in “hydraulic” material.

I haven’t heard of this fix failing.
Yah I read that the Magura O ring isn't compatible with the brake fluid that Husqvarna is using, causing the o ring to fail eventually. Seems pretty stupid.

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Yah I read that the Magura O ring isn't compatible with the brake fluid that Husqvarna is using, causing the o ring to fail eventually. Seems pretty stupid.
The stock seal is a flimsy “cup” type seal.
The failure is obvious upon disassembly - mine was “ripped”.

The O ring replacement works well - just need to ensure the O ring is “Hydraulic” rated material.

My experience.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Season is almost over here, here's some pics from the last supermono-race over in scandinavia. I placed 4th in the wet-race! :bannana: Soon it's off-season and the hunt for 90hp starts!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The stock seal is a flimsy “cup” type seal.
The failure is obvious upon disassembly - mine was “ripped”.

The O ring replacement works well - just need to ensure the O ring is “Hydraulic” rated material.

My experience.
Thanks for the info. Is there a special type of O ring a person should look at installing? (Other than the obvious hydraulic rating.)

Or is Husky now replacing the O rings with the proper type?

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is there a special type of O ring a person should look at installing? (Other than the obvious hydraulic rating.)

Or is Husky now replacing the O rings with the proper type?
Guys I race with, just buy a pack of various sized “Hydraulic O rings” from the auto parts store.
Each pack has 3? that are the correct size.

My Husky dealer has obviously found a source (Not genuine) he gave me one for my 701, and one for my FS450.
Unfortunately, I’d left them home when my clutch failed at the races. I fixed it with an O ring I had in my spares kit. It worked perfectly. I’m not sure of it’s long term suitability (regards “Hydraulic” rating) so intend to replace it with the supplied O ring.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys I race with, just buy a pack of various sized “Hydraulic O rings” from the auto parts store.
Each pack has 3? that are the correct size.

My Husky dealer has obviously found a source (Not genuine) he gave me one for my 701, and one for my FS450.
Unfortunately, I’d left them home when my clutch failed at the races. I fixed it with an O ring I had in my spares kit. It worked perfectly. I’m not sure of it’s long term suitability (regards “Hydraulic” rating) so intend to replace it with the supplied O ring.
Thanks, I want to be armed with the right info when I take the bike to the shop this week.

Also, when these fail, does it leak brake fluid into the engine? I'm probably going to have the shop dump and replace the oil.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
isn't part of the failure due to mineral oil vs brake fluid? or are the new ones brake fluid?

if it's mineral oil, it's such a small quantity that I wouldn't worry. not sure if the brake fluid bikes use a larger reservoir.

1681 - 1700 of 1730 Posts