SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of changing the swingarm bearings on my 701. I'm using the swingarm bearing kit, as per here: Amazon.com: KTM 78904230010 Swing Arm Repair Kit QTY 1: Automotive

My question is. It seems that the bushings are much too long/wide in this kit for the 701 SM swingarm. The bushings (with end caps) protrude about 8mm from the swingarm. They can be slid through the swingarm, so that the inner side of the swingarm only has ~3mm of the end cap showing (with the outer side having ~5mm). But that is too much protrusion on the inner side to be able to install the swingarm to the frame.

Wondering if you have had similar troubles?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did buy the kit which supersedes the old. Original is 76504230010, new is 78904230010. Wondering if the new has longer bushings or bushing caps...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I managed to get the bushing buckets from the original part number. And they are indeed shorter. Swingarm went on like a charm once I put the old ones on. So FYI for anyone doing a swingarm bearing change on a 701. Get the old (superseded) part number.

And now that the bearings are changed out. It's up for sale. Will put a post up in the for sale section.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I managed to get the bushing buckets from the original part number. And they are indeed shorter. Swingarm went on like a charm once I put the old ones on. So FYI for anyone doing a swingarm bearing change on a 701. Get the old (superseded) part number.

And now that the bearings are changed out. It's up for sale. Will put a post up in the for sale section.

Glad you got it sorted mate :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts