SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here fellas. Have not been able to find anything on Google or YouTube yet. Where the heck is my fuel pump located? Is it on the bottom of the tank (just in front of the mud flap on the rear side)?

I took a trip to Deals Gap a month ago and had my slave cylinder crap out on me. Replaced it with an Oberon cyl. I'm about to take the same trip and I'm now hearing horror stories about fuel pump failures leaving riders stranded so I ordered a Quantum rebuild kit. I'm hoping to install the new parts before the trip so I can have peace of mind.

Anybody have their fuel pumps crap out? I have just under 3K on the bike for what it's worth.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You are correct. The fuel pump assembly is right in front of the mudguard. Held on the tank with 4 bolts and it'll drop out the bottom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much! Didn't want to unbolt it to find it was something else!

Just one more quick question: Do I have to drain the gas for this procedure or is there a hose inside the pump housing that I can simply cap for the duration of the replacement?

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuel pump failures are not whats common. It is the Fuel Filter. Neglected maintenance of the Fuel filter is what causes the pumps to fail. At 3000 you dont have to worry. Most 690 guys will replace the filters at 5000km to 7000km.

Since you have already ordered the Quantum pump, keep that as a spare on your trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts