SuperMoto Junkie banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah!! Me three....... Hey rusky..... I am in Wenatchee. Is Nels' the only one "dyno tuning" in Seattle?

17 EVO Lid
FMF Q4 has sparky insert to install...... Bark is rather loud......Left the SAS on and no backfires anyway...... Have you seen the Coober stuff yet?

coober is available now by selected Husqvarna shops in US.
Large one is AMP, those guys did a short explain!
Actually it supports only 17-18 models.

cheers

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Not sure how to put this ... but.... the coober ecu only is a piggyback design...... and unlike the PC5 is NOT in anyway from what I can see adjustable in any way. Not everyone is going to do the same modifications... and not everyone is going to be able to use the same fuel. So while there may be a graph at the end it does not to me in any way seem like a viable or an option that one can trust ....... how does this or any provide more power on EURO4 specs when they have to be so lean there is not power avail unless you fuel past these parameters. That is exactly the reason why one pair of pants does not fit all humans...........

While I do like to see that there are people at least trying to make these a better running motor.... Some of the claims are just not feasible or reality. We shall see....

·
Registered
90 Posts
3'rd dyno try for me, this time:

Tekmo racing header
Swedish race parts muffler
K&N RU 1750
DCR regrinded cam
Husqvarna tuning kit ecu flash
PCV

2017 engine with 11000km/140hr.

As expected i lost some low end, but this was a bit more than i hoped for. Gonna try again in the future to try find some more grunt down low, think we can find some more low end back with some inlet tuning to find the right pulses. But need to do some math first..

But holy shit the top end! Above 6k rpm it's way more power and just keeps pulling.

Stock in this dyno was 70,23hp/68,40nm
Husqvarna tuning kit 73,46hp/72,08nm

This time 80,73rwhp/74,76nm. (rear wheel) So i would say i hit my goal 85 hp crank.

Red graph is with the Husqvarna tuning kit, blue the current setup.

·
Registered
208 Posts
3'rd dyno try for me, this time:

Tekmo racing header
K&N RU 1750
DCR regrinded cam
Husqvarna tuning kit ecu flash
PCV

2017 engine with 11000km/140hr.

As expected i lost some low end, but this was a bit more than i hoped for. Gonna try again in the future to try find some more grunt down low, think we can find some more low end back with some inlet tuning to find the right pulses. But need to do some math first..

But holy shit the top end! Above 6k rpm it's way more power and just keeps pulling.

Stock in this dyno was 70,23hp/68,40nm
Husqvarna tuning kit 73,46hp/72,08nm

This time 80,73rwhp/74,76nm. (rear wheel) So i would say i hit my goal 85 hp crank.

Red graph is with the Husqvarna tuning kit, blue the current setup.

Super curious about how your going to gain back some low end - it seems that Tekmo drops torque in the low mid on a bunch of different dynos.

Is the tune the only difference between red and blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Super curious about how your going to gain back some low end - it seems that Tekmo drops torque in the low mid on a bunch of different dynos.

Is the tune the only difference between red and blue?
Red = Husqvarna tuning kit (akrapovic silencer, evo1 airbox lid and Husqvarnas ecu tune

Blue = Tekmo racing header
K&N RU 1750
DCR regrinded cam
PCV

In my case it's most likely the new camshaft and "pod" air filter that kills the low end. I'll try to make some setup that will make it easy to change intake length in the Dyno for next time. And do a proper intake when we have found a good setup.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Red = Husqvarna tuning kit (akrapovic silencer, evo1 airbox lid and Husqvarnas ecu tune

Blue = Tekmo racing header
K&N RU 1750
DCR regrinded cam
PCV

In my case it's most likely the new camshaft and "pod" air filter that kills the low end. I'll try to make some setup that will make it easy to change intake length in the Dyno for next time. And do a proper intake when we have found a good setup.
Ahh! A pod filter?? Is it hooked direct ? I suspect a longer intake length to the filter would help fill the torque gap.

is the cam a standard order ? I’m curious about finding a cam...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have the K&N pod filter sold as the “Evo II” kit on mine.
Can’t remember the number. It may be a little longer on the flange than the RU1750. (Or it might be an RU1750)

It didn’t seem to lose any bottom/mid. But like so many, I didn’t have the facility to check the results of each mod. It went on with a a PCV.

On a local dynojet dyno mine went 79.78 RWHP.
Rottweiler De smog kit
Pod filter
PCV
Wings slip on (no db killer- loud)
Custom tune.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ahh! A pod filter?? Is it hooked direct ? I suspect a longer intake length to the filter would help fill the torque gap.

is the cam a standard order ? I’m curious about finding a cam...
K&N RU1750

Daniel Crower racing regrinds a stock cam, you either buy a new stock camshaft from them that they do a regrind on, or send in your stock one.

I have the K&N pod filter sold as the “Evo II” kit on mine.
Can’t remember the number. It may be a little longer on the flange than the RU1750. (Or it might be an RU1750)

It didn’t seem to lose any bottom/mid. But like so many, I didn’t have the facility to check the results of each mod. It went on with a a PCV.

On a local dynojet dyno mine went 79.78 RWHP.
Rottweiler De smog kit
Pod filter
PCV
Wings slip on (no db killer- loud)
Custom tune.
With the EVO2 air setup you need to relocate the battery right?

Yeah it's most likely a mix of the inlet and the camshaft that kills my lowend, will do a inlet lenght test to see what we can do anyways. But it's not that bad, it's more like a stock engine down low now but smoother. And pulls like a rocket after 6 000rpm. :lol:

Your numbers sounds high tough, but also.. Can't compare 2 dynos. We tested mine stock, "evo1 kit and now this setup. From stock i've gained 15% peak hp.

·
Registered
208 Posts
"stranges"...
Why do we have "+15" then "-6" and back "+3" in 3 consecutives cells ? 2250 2500 and 2750rpm
Or from +24 at 3750 to -12 at 4750
Or from +15 at 5% throttle to -5 at 10%
?
Oh this is interesting - I wonder if this is dithering the lambda value between lean and rich for the catalyst.

It’s hard to know as they are offset values relative to the oe map - which would need to also dither back and forth between lean and rich in order to allow the catalyst to function.

I suppose the wings exhaust has no catalyst ?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
With the EVO2 air setup you need to relocate the battery right?
Yep. And the 690 relocation kit doesn’t fit the 701 frame. I made a bracket and put a lithium battery up near the head stock.

Your numbers sounds high tough, but also.. Can't compare 2 dynos. We tested mine stock, "evo1 kit and now this setup. From stock i've gained 15% peak hp.
Very true re comparing dynos. The numbers are easily manipulated.
Procycles at Slacks Creek QLD have a good reputation. They seemed pretty impressed with the 701 output.

Wish I could have got a stock base run.
Seat of pants- like most people, I was about to gear it down as it didn’t feel comfortable in top cruising at 100km/r. Certainly needed 5th for overtaking. Now I’m looking for 7th while cruising, and it accelerates strongly from 100 in top. (Stock gearing is now perfect for the street.)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is there anything new out there for tuning the 701? I won't use Rottweiler stuff. I have a Wings with the big Db killer and I have a fuel dongle. I'd like to do the standard stuff, like air filter, or just a lid, smog delete and PC5 with an appropriate map. And, I don't want to move the battery. What are my choices out there? Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is there anything new out there for tuning the 701? I won't use Rottweiler stuff. I have a Wings with the big Db killer and I have a fuel dongle. I'd like to do the standard stuff, like air filter, or just a lid, smog delete and PC5 with an appropriate map. And, I don't want to move the battery. What are my choices out there? Thanks!
Pirate Racing in Germany sells a stage 1 kit - you have to move the battery.

The only other company I know of is ... looking for coffee cup with logo ... power cell performance - they made a 701 intake kit.

I’m building a kit with the pirate racing intake, a 701 outex.jp full exhaust, and a power commander, pod300 and wideband2 kit and a 625cc FiveOmotorsport injector (didn’t want to run a 90%+ duty cycle on stock injector)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Latest Updates...
[HR][/HR]
  • PC5 was backordered when I placed my order on 12/27. They expect new units to arrive on 1/3 and ship, hopefully, the same day.
  • Orders have been shipped!
  • PC5 has arrived! I'll do the install either on 1/8 or 1/9.
  • PC5 successfully installed with DJ map #502.
PowerCommander V
[HR][/HR]
Easy install, very clean software with on-the-fly stats. Bike finally feels like it has come to life, even with the DJ base map. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it can do after a full dyno tune!

DynoJet map for custom exhaust and intake: [23-015-502.pvm]
Rottweiler map: COMING SOON

Rexxer User Evo
[HR][/HR]
TL;DR - Bought User Evo, couldn't get it work for almost 3 months. Come to find out, the Rexxer unit is incompatible with some firmware versions on the bike (there are 2 or more different ones). Rexxer will continue working on supporting the bike in the future, but no ETA at the moment.

So I went ahead and bought the Rexxer User Evo for my 701. It was shipped very quickly and arrived in nice packaging. Connecting it to my computer was a breeze, it auto-updated as soon as I opened up the software. This is about as far as I've been able to get so far.

Based on the instructions and word from Rexxer directly, I should have been able to plug the unit into the bike and load the stock map. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be recognizing the ECU :headshake

I then went ahead and double-checked the ECU service port wiring vs the cable that was given to me with the Rexxer. It definitely doesn't look right.

ECU:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRGu8diaz_OWTBsR0FxTEVnWGc/view?usp=sharing

Rexxer:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRGu8diaz_OeHN6WmI4VUMtUEk/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, one of the wires doesn't even go anywhere. From my limited knowledge, I'd assume there would be a power, ground, and signal wire. All of them actually leading somewhere.

For those of you that modified the KTM PC5 wiring, can you post up some pictures or wiring diagrams of what you changed? If it uses the same port, I may be able to figure out if I need to change anything on my end to make it work.
The tuning kit calibrated specifically for the bike generates more torque and a perceptible increase in performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts

101 - 117 of 117 Posts