SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Husqvarna 701 supermoto with about 5100 miles on it. This problem has happened twice while riding, but when I go to down shift the bike will shut off completely. It will start back up with the clutch in and I can go back into gear, but I cant figure out what is causing it. Plugs were pretty white when I pulled them so I am not sure if it is lacking fuel or not. I have read in a bunch places that a lot of people are having false neutral issues. When I go to try to put the bike into neutral from 1st or 2nd the indicator comes on as its in neutral and the bike shuts off. Still the bike will turn on and ride. Any ideas are welcomed.

·
Registered
2013 KTM 500 EXC 2018 Husqvarna 701 SM
4 Posts
I have a 2021 Husqvarna 701 supermoto with about 5100 miles on it. This problem has happened twice while riding, but when I go to down shift the bike will shut off completely. It will start back up with the clutch in and I can go back into gear, but I cant figure out what is causing it. Plugs were pretty white when I pulled them so I am not sure if it is lacking fuel or not. I have read in a bunch places that a lot of people are having false neutral issues. When I go to try to put the bike into neutral from 1st or 2nd the indicator comes on as its in neutral and the bike shuts off. Still the bike will turn on and ride. Any ideas are welcomed.
Mine had a problem with the kickstand switch that kept stalling my bike when riding. Is it happening when you downshift in certain gears or with the auto blip or are you using clutch to downshift? The false neutral problem has been an issue since the birth of the 701 and later 690’s. You can buy the shift kit from Rottweiler and it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine had a problem with the kickstand switch that kept stalling my bike when riding. Is it happening when you downshift in certain gears or with the auto blip or are you using clutch to downshift? The false neutral problem has been an issue since the birth of the 701 and later 690’s. You can buy the shift kit from Rottweiler and it makes a huge difference.
No it has just been when I down shift. It has only happened twice in 1 week and never again. I bought the Oberon slave cylinder for the bike and has made a huge difference of shifting so I am wondering if it could have been the slow decline of it. I am only one day into it right now though so who knows. I could see it possibly being the kick stand sensor though. When I was about 1k miles into the bike I put it up on a center stand to do some chain adjusting on it and it would stall out every time first gear would engage. Readjusted it and its never caused me anymore issues. I am wondering if has come loose somehow or sensitive to debris. There is a lot of construction going on where I live. Ive just found on the internet a lot of people have this problem with there huskys any where from the vitpilen 401 up to the 701 super moto's hopefully it is not internal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts