SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping there would be a 701 guru on here that could tell me what the smaller plug with the orange gasket is for. The larger plug in the picture with the blue is for the SAS solenoid, which was disconnected before I bought the bike. That plug and the one in question was zip tied to the wire going to the starter just to get them out of the way. Both plus and wires join at a y then go into the main wiring harness. I'm thinking of just cutting them both off since I believe I have no need for them, but I want to make sure neither is critical for diagnostics or tuning, etc. Thanks, fingers crossed there is that 701 guru viewing this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi, can’t help you directly, but I purchased the “de smog” kit from Rottweiler that I used without issue.
It ensured that the “system” could “see” the correct resistance etc, without interfering with anything. (Didn’t cut any plugs off.)

I have a vague memory of seeing unused plugs when I was doing my 701. Cold easily be for diagnostics.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will contribute.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Although I believe since this was done at husqvarna for the akrapovic kit, they disabled the sensor for the SAS and no resistor was needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts