SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just picked it up :D
at the dealership I took few zip ties and zip tied turn signals together. The tighter you do it, the higher the turn signals will bend.
This of course is just temporary till KTM steps up and comes out with a permanent solution.

and some misc pics cause it just looks so good

metal skid plate

·
Registered
728 Posts
so our service manager was on the phone with ktm today and they recommended getting zeta brand turn signals. i guess they will be more out of the way and won't burn up. thats is the answer from ktm so far. lol

mine has started to melt but hasn't gotten any worse today.

BTW: glad you finally got it. how many miles you get on her so far? what are your first impressions?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's fackin weird. I never rode a dirt bike before and this just feels like I sit too high :)
Vibrations are there, way more than from I4 but not as bad as from sv650 I had before. My hands didn't go to sleep like they used to on SV.
Strong brakes.
I don't know where to sit on the seat. It's soooo long.
Overall I LOVE it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
hmmm interesting.

i could see it being strange if you never rode a dirt bike before.

the seat height it high, i do agree. but i love it.

the vibrations are there at times. but my hands also don't fall asleep like they did after 15 minutes on the old 636. which is a big plus. i also find everything more comfortable, the seat, the whole seating position and just the whole feel of the bike. i feel right at home on a dirt bike so its like second nature to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Turn Signal Solution...

Will purchasing a slip-on that isn't quite as close to the turn signal be a viable solution? It will be interesting to see how KTM responds to this.

Rick

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
70 miles on my bike and this is the turnsignal.

A shame really because they are the nicest looking stock blinkers I have seen on a stock bike.

We really did get jacked around on the tail light as well as the Euro one looks SO much better.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I wonder if getting rid of the stock muffler/cat will cool the exhaust flow. or maybe the aftermarket can is slightly lower or points lower.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know there is a requirement as to how many inches the turn signals have to be apart BUT IMO putting on signals on short stalks could also fix the melting issue

well I guess the zipties helped a little cause I also put 70 miles on the bike and the turn signal looks ok

·
Registered
569 Posts
i think the way to go is use some crotch rocket turn signals, but that made that small piece coming out of the fender, so would have to fab a bracket, which i may do

anyone seen these 'zeta' turn signals? couldn't find them on the net?

·
Registered
33 Posts
whats up with the break light

why is the brake like so much bigger than in the uk pics. can we order the other tail piece and if so from where?

·
Registered
728 Posts
70 miles on my bike and this is the turnsignal.

A shame really because they are the nicest looking stock blinkers I have seen on a stock bike.

We really did get jacked around on the tail light as well as the Euro one looks SO much better.
HOLY SHIT!!! i put heat tape on the back of mine so the only problem i have is a slight little bit of melting going on on the underside of the actual lens. now that is crazy. bring that bike to the dealer and have them send a pic to ktm! i had no idea it could be that bad. glad i put heat tape on mine before i even started the engine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ktm should send the euro virsion tail section to all the owners. this is BS, $9000 motard shuld not have
this stupid problem!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
they had the same problem on 525's, etc awhile back

i sent the pic to my friend who works for KTM, but KTM Austria is a whole other beast and don't think we'll get much out of them, I ordered some new, short turn signals, will post them up when i get them and get them installed...

·
Registered
728 Posts
i have over 300 miles on mine already and my signal is in pretty damn good shape. before the bike was even started we put some aluminum "heat" tape on the back side bottom of it and i haven't had any problems. doesn't look that bad either..... it sure looks better than a melted signal.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
This is just bad....It's almost as bad ad the Aprilia guys who put the GPR exhaust on their bikes, except you guys are stock!:poo: That's absolute bullshit, I'd be going back to the dealer repeatedly. No, it's not the dealers fault, however it is their responsibility to deal with the manufacturers faults until they're given a fix. I'm surprised that a completely stock exhaust that's not modified does this.

·
Registered
728 Posts
yea i don't know what ktm was thinkin. but to anybody who's turn signal isn't already completely destroyed just neatly put some aluminum heat tape on the back side. it is workin out great for me so far.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The blinker problem might be worse here because it's 101 degrees everyday lately.

McJason, We need Euro tail sections!

I don't care about fixing the current stock blinkers because I want the euro tailsection. Any news on getting these parts for us?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Turn Signal Issue

I just spoke with my KTM dealer in Massachusetts and he indicated that KTM is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. I mentioned the European tail section seems to make the most sense but according to my dealer, there could be some Department of Transportation requirements in the United States that would make this impossible.

I suspect that we'll be hearing something soon. In the meantime it appears the heat tape/deflector is the most viable solution. I just ordered the Ankrapovic slip on and may have it this week. I'm just sure if this slip on will be a greater distance from the turn signal.

Rick

1 - 20 of 45 Posts