SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody hear anything from ktm on what they plan to do about the left rear taillight melting problem. i mean did they really just never test it, mine melted the second day i had it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
anybody hear anything from ktm on what they plan to do about the left rear taillight melting problem. i mean did they really just never test it, mine melted the second day i had it.
I have never heard of a problem with melting taillights. Come to think of it, I just got ONE taillight! I've been ripped!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORRY I MEAN TURN SIGNAL. And i should't have to put heat tape on it. for 10000 everything should work perfect.

·
Registered
720 Posts
SORRY I MEAN TURN SIGNAL. And i should't have to put heat tape on it. for 10000 everything should work perfect.
just playing, man:)
anyways, like I said before - if WE don't startcomplaining and making our dealers replace the signals, ktm won't do sh!t IMO
anyways, I got tired of this BS and replaced them with some blinkers I had laying around fack'em

·
Registered
546 Posts
2000 + miles on mine, with no issues. Sure, there is some slight signs of heat (e.g. slightly burnt plastic) but I'm not complaining. Weird that it happens to some, and not to others. Must be the way people ride and the conditions too. I beat the hell out of mine, but am usually going pretty fast too, not a lot of stop and go.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i talked to an actual ktm rep who was at the dealership for test runs , he says ktm knows about the problem and everyone is gonna get the euro light for free

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keep us up todate with that info. and dont worry i have already been complaining since day two and have already got the dealership to replace one, but i dont want to keep having to replace the light. im going to try and call ktm next. i have already bought a pair of $20 little led lights ,but when i spend this much money i want it to be perfect. i dont want to have to complain about stuff, but if i have to i will.

·
Registered
728 Posts
i talked to an actual ktm rep who was at the dealership for test runs , he says ktm knows about the problem and everyone is gonna get the euro light for free
i kinda doubt that. i think it is pretty obvious that the U.S. D.O.T. didn't approve of the euro rear, hence the reason we have what we have. so i doubt ktm will be giving people the euro rear section to fix the problem.

the real fix to the problem is to get a different exhaust that doesn't come back as far or as high, or get shorter and smaller turn signals.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i kinda doubt that. i think it is pretty obvious that the U.S. D.O.T. didn't approve of the euro rear, hence the reason we have what we have. so i doubt ktm will be giving people the euro rear section to fix the problem.

the real fix to the problem is to get a different exhaust that doesn't come back as far or as high, or get shorter and smaller turn signals.
I was thinking he meant the enduro model, but i believe it mounts them the same was as the smc which would have the same problems

·
Registered
720 Posts
isn't there a law stating how far apart the turn signals are supposed to do? hence the problem.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i believe the law is the height, but there may be something on how far apart too, i'm changing mine again tomorrow to different ones, will post up pics when done

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Mine melted when dealer serviced bike before I picked it up.
:Funny::Funny: I hope that doesn't happen to mine when I get it this spring!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts