SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my new smc up on Monday, finally was able to get out for a 200 mile day with the new machine. Wow...I love it. So smooth for a thumper, wicked brakes....and the slipper clutch is smooth as silk..

I have and FMF can on order, the only other item that needs addressing is the seat. I'll probably get a seat made for me at Rich's Custom Seats, here in Seattle, he does a great job. he made one for my 640 that changed the whole bike for me.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Glad to see someone as happy as I am with this bike...

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of negative posts....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to see someone as happy as I am with this bike...

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of negative posts....
I always expect to do something to dial in my bikes, some buyers expect them to be perfect out of the box. Also, eople tend to post looking for help for problems, so you can get a skewered view of how many are having problems.

The smc is looking like the perfect weekend twisty, and city, ride. I have a Ducati Multistrada for long rides/traveling.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine has been flawless so far, I just got done cutting some small portions of the rad guard for more bar to bar lock and lowering the front 5mm. I will test it tomorrow and let you all know how the changes were.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my ride today, every time I stopped, someone came over to look over and talk about the 690. After breakfast, outside the cafe, I had people waiting to talk to me while I was chatting someone else.

All were knowledgeable enthusiasts

Fun bike..

·
Registered
728 Posts
yea, these bikes really do draw a lot of attention. it feels great when you're riding with a guy on a sport bike and you have people come up to you on your SM and totally ignore your buddy on the sport bike. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's happened to me a few times and it kinda shrinks their penis when people would rather know about the "dirtbike" rather than their liter bikes.

also known as squidis chubbis interruptus.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I had an Indian man cut across a couple lanes of stopped traffic JUST to ask me if my bike was street-legal... made my friend on his R6 seem so dull and blah

·
Registered
265 Posts
Had an older guy sitting across from me at a stop light and he kept looking and making gestures to pull a wheelie................I was laughing my a$$ off under my helmet. Anyway, I gave him what he wanted...........lol

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It's so true...

The guys at the fire station thought I was crazy when I showed up with it...

"Are you fucking crazy??? You rode your dirtbike to work???"

:laughingr

·
Registered
265 Posts
LOL..............I get that too, then I look at them all pi$$ed off and say "Its a super moto" and they get this really stupid look on there face, hesitate, and say "whats that." Then I laugh and say it's a dirt bike with street tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I stopped at this café today in a rural area and there was a couple looking, taking pics and discussing my bike. They turned out to be visiting Canada from Holland. I finished my coffee and he was waiting for me at the bike. He said he was just reading about the 690 smc in some mag on the plane . You could tell that seeing this bad boy was a real treat. I was more then happy to answer all his questions. And gave him a proper smc departure. :rock:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts