SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key in my fuel cap turns really hard and makes a ratchet
sound. Im afraid Im going to snap the key off.:headshake I assume its
defective but thought Id ask how other peoples caps work?

Thanks in advance
Tim

·
Registered
728 Posts
mine loosened up A LOT. i asked the guy when i took delivery of it if it was normal and his answer was "yes it will loosen up". and it really has.

if it breaks thats what warranties are for. but i think you'll be ok.

·
Registered
102 Posts
lol

I was just getting ready to post this same topic. I can't believe how hard it is to turn that thing.....I'm so worried the key is gonna snap.

I'm glad to hear it will loosen up.

JOHN

·
Registered
569 Posts
mine is the same way, thought i was going to break the key off, hope it loosens up

·
Registered
569 Posts
yeah, i don't have many miles and haven't put in much fuel, seems to gotten a bit easier....

·
Registered
728 Posts
yeah, i don't have many miles and haven't put in much fuel, seems to gotten a bit easier....
i got 800 miles on mine in a week and a half. i'm logging some good time on her. the power will increase a little bit, the motor will loosen up and run smoother, the gas cap will move easier. if you ride like i do the tires will last forever. 800 miles and they still look like new.

·
Registered
569 Posts
ha, i think i got 80 miles, was out scrubbing the tires in today, did a little slip powering out of a corner, got home, looked at the tire, ha....cracked me up

·
Registered
728 Posts
ha, i think i got 80 miles, was out scrubbing the tires in today, did a little slip powering out of a corner, got home, looked at the tire, ha....cracked me up

WOW! how the hell did you do a slide only leaned over that far? i have my left side to the edge and have still never had her slide. it must have either been a cold tire or ya hit something slick in the road.

these tires grip like mad, and are actually holding up really well for me so far. if they weren't so much money i'd replace them with the same tire again. i got caught in the rain today and grabbed a handful of throttle in 1st gear to see if she would spin up or lift up and the back tire still grabbed and lifted the front.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i think it was a corner i was in that had a cement runoff area, so when it hit the cement and i was on the throttle and just gave a quick slip

Problem about the road is when you think you can't crash, you can hit a rock the size of a quarter in a turn and be down

·
Registered
569 Posts
rode this morning for quite awhile, i was cranking up and down the crest road, its all twisties, just an awesome climb, from 5500 feet at the city to 11,600 feet at the top, i was hammering and thought for sure i was hitting the edge, but still didn't hit, it amazes me, as i would have been sliding on the Gixxer

·
Registered
728 Posts
my left side is right to the edge, i have maybe 1/16th of an inch on the left and about 1/8th inch on the right. left turns i haul ass around, right turns i'm still not as good at.

these bikes will lean and lean and lean.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yeah, i'm amazed, i haven't been up the crest road in years because of the cops, but friend told me they haven't been going up til later, i though coming down would be harder, but it was just as fun....the turns are great, road could be a bit better, but with guard rails in many area's and steep rock faces in others, and i wasn't wearing my leathers, so i only pushed so hard....next time i'll put on the leathers, i just had jeans, boots and jacket/gloves....

i'll put on the helmet cam next time, need to figure out how to mount the cam to this helmet...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts