SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link to the appropriate bar end weights for the stock bars?

thx, scott

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you need bar end weights?
To take the last bits of vibration out of the bars. Granted, the vibes are way down over past models, but with some bar end weights I don't think there would be any.

scott

·
Registered
728 Posts
To take the last bits of vibration out of the bars. Granted, the vibes are way down over past models, but with some bar end weights I don't think there would be any.

scott
i read that you can fill the bars with silicone to reduce vibes. don't know how well that works.

i do not know of any bar end weights for the 690SMC.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i read that you can fill the bars with silicone to reduce vibes. don't know how well that works.

i do not know of any bar end weights for the 690SMC.

I'll post up when I find some.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My '07 690SM came with some. I put hand-guards on so they won't work. I'll sell them if you want them.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Put the Cycra Pro Bend hand-guards on...

Way more protection than the stock POS plastic hand-guards and they removed that last bit of vibes I felt in the grips!!!

JMHO

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My '07 690SM came with some. I put hand-guards on so they won't work. I'll sell them if you want them.

could you post a picture or two so I can take a look to see if they'll work?

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
599 Posts
you can fill with BBs or buck shot and silicone both ends. there are other kits you can buy to fill your bars.

the bars are a little buzzy but not bad at all. I don't grip it hard.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put the Cycra Pro Bend hand-guards on...

Way more protection than the stock POS plastic hand-guards and they removed that last bit of vibes I felt in the grips!!!

JMHO

Interesting, I was thinking of taking the hand guards off altogether....I don't really see the need for them other than on my dirt bike.

But, I can see how a more rigid hand guard structure would knock down the vibes. Thanks for the input.

Again, the vibes aren't bad at all on this bike, may do nothing. I've just always like the feel that bar end weights give my bikes.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I removed my stock handguards and the vibration about killed me. So I put them back on and the problem is solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts