SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Which one should I buy and why?
They're essentially the same bike. Both are made by the same company. The KTM has a 12mo warranty and the Husky has a 24mo from what I've read. I think the ktm graphics look better, but that's something that's easily changed. The longer warranty on the 701 however is pretty big deal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 701 SM
13 Posts
They're essentially the same bike. Both are made by the same company. The KTM has a 12mo warranty and the Husky has a 24mo from what I've read. I think the ktm graphics look better, but that's something that's easily changed. The longer warranty on the 701 however is pretty big deal.
This was exactly my thought process. Looking at pictures online beforehand I liked the looks of the 701 better. The dealer actually had both in the showroom. The 690 was 1000$ cheaper and I actually like the looks of it better in person.. That warranty though.. I just couldn't pass on it.

What did you end up getting Dolemite?

·
Registered
2021 701 SM
13 Posts
Nice congrats! You wont be disappointed.

On mine I did the full Techmo exhaust. It sounds Amazing but the muffler took FOREVER to get here, was extra pricy, and the bolt for the clamp they supplied wasn't long enough. Hard to say if it was worth it over going with Arrow or one of the other slipons but I do love it.
I also put on the PowerCommander V and the autotune. The PCV with the exhaust definitely woke the bike up! The autotune isn't working, which supposedly makes the PCV work even better but I just haven't had time to sit on hold with dynojet tech support.
Other than that I did the SAS/Canister removal kit, axle sliders and a new headlight. The stock headlight is basically unusable at night. I also upgraded the mirrors, blinkers, and did the tail tidy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice congrats! You wont be disappointed.

On mine I did the full Techmo exhaust. It sounds Amazing but the muffler took FOREVER to get here, was extra pricy, and the bolt for the clamp they supplied wasn't long enough. Hard to say if it was worth it over going with Arrow or one of the other slipons but I do love it.
I also put on the PowerCommander V and the autotune. The PCV with the exhaust definitely woke the bike up! The autotune isn't working, which supposedly makes the PCV work even better but I just haven't had time to sit on hold with dynojet tech support.
Other than that I did the SAS/Canister removal kit, axle sliders and a new headlight. The stock headlight is basically unusable at night. I also upgraded the mirrors, blinkers, and did the tail tidy.
Awesome. I have the full tekmo system ordered, along with power commander V, SAS delete, fueling dongle, etc as well. I did not go with the autotune, but keep me posted if you notice a difference. From what I hear, it can be added in the future if desired. I also got some wheel/frame sliders on order, a cumpan cockpit assistant, and a few other goodies (throttle spacers, oberon clutch slave, mirrors/mirror mounts etc.). Right now I am debating the r&g tail tidy and some aftermarket LED's...but I am on the fence as to whether I will pull the trigger. What indicators did you end up going w/?

What Headlight did you end up going w/?

·
Registered
2021 701 SM
13 Posts
For sure the autotune can be added at any point. I'll get it working soon and see whats up and let you know. The cumpan cockpit assistant is a nice addition too I forgot I added that too. Its a little hard to see during the day if its real bright out but otherwise its nice to be able to glance down and see rpm and gear. Its really a shame the stock gauge doesn't have this info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For sure the autotune can be added at any point. I'll get it working soon and see whats up and let you know. The cumpan cockpit assistant is a nice addition too I forgot I added that too. Its a little hard to see during the day if its real bright out but otherwise its nice to be able to glance down and see rpm and gear. Its really a shame the stock gauge doesn't have this info.
Where did u get the dash with RPMs and gear? I don't really care on RPMs but I would def like a gear indicator! I just bought a 22 690 last month not really going upgrade crazy. So far just a leo vince slip on and supermofools headlight

·
Registered
2021 701 SM
13 Posts
Where did u get the dash with RPMs and gear? I don't really care on RPMs but I would def like a gear indicator! I just bought a 22 690 last month not really going upgrade crazy. So far just a leo vince slip on and supermofools headlight
This is the one I bought. CUMPAN - Tachometer - Gear indicator - Shift light - Engine temperature Its a little hard to see if its super bright out but otherwise works great and pretty easy to install.

I think some other company makes just a gear indicator but I'm not 100% on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the one I bought. CUMPAN - Tachometer - Gear indicator - Shift light - Engine temperature Its a little hard to see if its super bright out but otherwise works great and pretty easy to install.

I think some other company makes just a gear indicator but I'm not 100% on that.
Thank you appreciate it!!

Got one other question u may b able to answer. Did your bike come with a toolkit behind left fairing? I seen there is supposed to be one there but there wasn't anything there on my 690. Was curious where I may b able to purchase a replacement since the KTM Dealer has been no help all they said is they don't come with toolkit

·
Registered
2021 701 SM
13 Posts
Thank you appreciate it!!

Got one other question u may b able to answer. Did your bike come with a toolkit behind left fairing? I seen there is supposed to be one there but there wasn't anything there on my 690. Was curious where I may b able to purchase a replacement since the KTM Dealer has been no help all they said is they don't come with toolkit
Weird I thought they all did. Do you have the little plastic storage area under the fairing at least? My 701 did come with the toolkit, then when I had the bike apart my damn dog chewed it up the tool bag AND the plastic storage box thing. :mad::LOL:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weird I thought they all did. Do you have the little plastic storage area under the fairing at least? My 701 did come with the toolkit, then when I had the bike apart my damn dog chewed it up the tool bag AND the plastic storage box thing. :mad::LOL:
Yea it's got the spot for it wit the lil bungee thing but nothing there. Damn that sux with the dog 🐕 bro lol. I am not too happy with this dealership but they were only one in 200 miles that had an SMC so I sorta didn't have a choice with them
Do u know where I can get one by chance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts