SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i tried to disconnect the two wires to do the wire mod and one came out okay, but the other wire ripped out from the holder so the pin is still in there but the wire is disconnected. Is this going to be an issue? The bike runs fine and i taped up the wires that i disconnected so I was just wanted to say be careful when disconnecting your wires because if I ever have to plug those wires back in I am going to have to get some electrical parts.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you use a needle nose pliers and push the pin out you won't have to worry about ripping the wires out of the pins. They come out pretty easy that way and no stress on the connection. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
569 Posts
you won't have an issue as far as it running, but you need to get the pin out and reattach the wire to it and then tape it off, for anytime you may have to put it back in for warranty work

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had trouble getting one pin out too. i had a very small screw driver to help me enlarge the hole a little.

·
Registered
340 Posts
so i tried to disconnect the two wires to do the wire mod and one came out okay, but the other wire ripped out from the holder so the pin is still in there but the wire is disconnected. Is this going to be an issue? The bike runs fine and i taped up the wires that i disconnected so I was just wanted to say be careful when disconnecting your wires because if I ever have to plug those wires back in I am going to have to get some electrical parts.
The same thing happened to me!! :lol: It runs good no worries but like El..said I will have to reconnect them if I ever take it in for warranty work!

·
Registered
108 Posts
What wire are you guys talking about? Where do I find out about this magic wire to disconnect. I have already modified the airbox snorkel and fittted a straight through exhaust off of a different model Race KTM and we netted the exact same hp reading on the dyno because bike is so lean (61.9hp by the way) We have ordered the KTM diagnostic tool to try and get air fuel mixture back on track but has not come in yet. Any help on these wires would be greatly appreciated. I will also give you guys Air Fuel readings before and HP readings to tell you if you are actually doing something or wasting your time with this magic wire

Thanks Slydogracing Pensacola Beach Fl

·
Registered
102 Posts
would someone be kind enough to link the pic's of the wiring mod.I've searched 20 minutes without luck

thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did the wire mod last night along with changing the mapping to the advanced setting (position #2) and went for a test drive. I did notice a difference but it didn't seem to be a really big change in power output. I wish that I had ridden it moments before I changed it so I could tell more about exactly what changed but it had been about 20 hrs. since my previous ride. My bike came set on the #3 mapping position. I wonder if #3 is the closest to advanced since there are 10 total settings with position #0 being the being the biggest power reduction.

·
Registered
569 Posts
there are actually only 3 that have maps in them, 0, 1 and 2, i believe 3 - the rest are defaults, but not sure to which map

1 - 12 of 12 Posts