SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, I have a friend who just ordered his 690 smc but after he testrode one he was a bit concerned about the wide turning radius of the bike.

I'm sure I saw a picture on here of an owner who cut away part of the radiator guards so he could move the handlebars further to the left and right. don't remember for sure if I saw it on here or ktmtalk, I searched for 15 minutes on both forums and haven't been able to find that pic... can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
728 Posts
the adjusters can be adjusted so that the turning radius is tighter without cutting anything. i adjusted mine so that it just barely touched the rad guards and now i can pull a u-turn without a problem.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just cut mine this evening. Cant hardly tell at all, you have to cut way less than you would think, so start small and work your way up. I ended up cutting way less than whats in the pics above, and I can use all the throw available before the bottom tripple clamp hits the rad. I would say I only have a half inch exposed at the top, and with the wheel straight the forks guard the exposed area.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Definitely helped the turning radius by cutting the rad guard. I also lowered the front 6mm from stock, not sure I like the change, but I am going to ride a little more to make sure. I may end up splitting the difference and move it back up a tad.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ya, it's not something you are going to really notice during normal riding, but turning around in the drive way or middle of the street it actually turns now........lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
moved the front end back up to 3mm where I started and the bike seems to give alot better feedback from the front...........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts