SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 690 Enduro R that I’ve converted to SMC. Came with slip on and KTM tuning cam and it works great, actually so good I sold my Superduke R. So plan is keep the 690 for street/track (replacing the SDR) and buying a 530 for off road. But will have some money left so planning on some tuning of the 690. My plan is:

Exhaust:
Got: Leo Vince slip on
Considering: Full system, REMUS got it, anyone else?

Air box/Filter:
Got: Stock
Considering: RU-1750 K&N Filter like described by Dave..ids HERE.

ECU:
Got: Not sure, but not stock (done by dealer)
Considering: TuneECU and Dynamomter. My dealer has done this on several 690s with excellent results. Expensive but only way to optimize I guess?

So what do you think? Anything you would add or do differently ? Anything I mention thats really just a waste of money?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm super happy with the KTM ECU flash, along with exhaust change and the open air box cover part # 765.06.102.000. Myself, I wouldn't spend the money on the Tune ECU. The flash cost me $80.00, and the bike runs fantastic.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tune ECU is free, and you can download the Akra maps, EVO maps, etc and flash them..all you have to get is the cable to interface your laptop to the bike ($65). The advantage is that you can also do the stuff that the dealer would charge you to do, such as reset your TPS.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, know can download TuneECU mappings for free but even if the map is for the exact set up you've got, there are not 2 identical bikes. So to get close to 100% you should dyno it as well (unless you're lucky). This is what I think anyway, but please correct me :)

Not saying you HAVE to, just saying I'm willing to pay the money to get the best possible result (or at least get a confirmation it's as good as it can get).

Downside is that if changing anything, the money is wasted as mapping should be changed again. Which is why I want to do all the right modifications right the first time :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tune ECU is free, and you can download the Akra maps, EVO maps, etc and flash them..all you have to get is the cable to interface your laptop to the bike ($65). The advantage is that you can also do the stuff that the dealer would charge you to do, such as reset your TPS.
Oh, I see. I was thinking of a Tuneboy unit. Yes, a dyno and being able to tweek the whole curve is probable the best way to go, but just doing the dealer Akra flash on my bike has it running , as I would say, well enough. Very well indeed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what did u end up with and what's the result?
If you're asking me (being thread starter), this is what I've got now:

Exhaust:
Had: Leo Vince slip on
Considering: Full system, REMUS got it, anyone else?
Now: Still slip on only WITH dB-killer. I've got no need to make a lot of noise and on track you have to install it anyway. Dealer didn't recommend full system as would make only marginal difference.

Air box/Filter:
Had: Stock
Considering: RU-1750 K&N Filter like described by Dave..ids HERE.
Now: RU-1750 K&N Filter (so entire box removed and battery moved). Already had the rally cam so actually got the evo 2 kit now.

ECU:
Had: Not sure, but not stock (done by dealer)
Considering: TuneECU and Dynamomter. My dealer has done this on several 690s with excellent results. Expensive but only way to optimize I guess?
Now: TuneECU and Dynamomter. Dynoed WITH dB-killer...since never take it out anyway.

So 68 rear wheel horses. Pretty happy...though it was almost as fast before so tuned a good bike...and it's still good :hmmm:

Max speed is 174kph (108mph) with 44 rear sprocket (GPS measured so real speed). Guess could go down 1 tooth and still bottom out at higher speed...maybe 2.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Vortex all the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts