SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is anyone with a 690 smc running the corbin seat? I have the KTM powerparts seat on my bike now and i may as well be sitting on sand paper with razor blades because after 2 or 3 hrs of riding i dont even want to sit on it at all lol. So if anyone has that seat any input as to if its softer and more comfortable and worth getting would be great!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the KTM powerparts ergo seat that they say is for all day riding comfort. However they must not have ridden with the seat bc it think i could put a concrete slab there and it would be more comfortable. But Corbin makes a seat that just looks alot more comfortable and im hopeing someone has one and could give me some input on it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've heard a few people with it and say the Corbin is very comfortable when compared to stock. But, the cream of the crop going by all the reviews has to be Renazco. Price is similar to the corbin.. Renazco's pricing chart http://www.renazco.com/pricing.cfm .... I'm saving for one now. Only down side is that you may have to send them your seat pan, unless you buy a spare. Turnaround is 6 - 8 weeks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought my Corbin from another member on here. Really happy with the seat... very comfortable... but for some reason I can't get the gas cap off without removing the seat first.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea im gonna have to do alittle more diggin into these seats to see which one i should go with i have heard alot of good things about corbin from sportbikes guys so i think once i get the money i might give them a tire. That build your own seat may not be a bad ideal too :hmmm:. But thanks for the input guys i appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
man up! :arsenal

i just done a 10 hour ride sesh (stopped for gas and a drink) in big bear this saturday and it hurt a bit at the end but i manned up and took it haha

youll get used to it eventually lol

but agreed with above... you want serious comfort on these then yo HAVE to go renazco! :thumbup:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seats from guts or seat concepts dont look too bad and the price isnt too bad on them either!! Thanks for the input guys its been alot of help :thumbup: O and sry dave....id ive been slacking on my buns of steel work outs :rofl:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have used Guts racing on all my dirtbikes and it's amazingly cushy. I have a small, bony butt and rides really take a toll on me, even short 1-2 hour ones.

For my 690 E I'm going to go with the Seat Concepts this time and see how it compares. You can buy the foam seperately if you wish to do your own seat cover.

I've had Corbins on street bikes in the past. They are firm and wide, whereas I like more soft and cushy seats. Also they are VERY heavy. They use their own seat pans which they must make out of LEAD or something. j/k. haha. But they just don't worry about lightweights and use whatever they can, cheapest to make the seat pans.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Corbins are firm but supportive. They are not as soft as other seats but they shape their seats so the load is spread over a wider area. The 690 seat will probably be wider and flatter than what you have now. Corbins are heavy due to the dense foam and fiberglass pan they use.

I went with Renazco and am happy with it. Once you make a deposit with them, you don't send in your seat until they ask for it. Lead time is really long, though. Once they have your seat, it's only a matter of a week or two at the most. Call them to see if they have one (doubtful but worth a shot). Although they don't do any discounts repeat customers are treated well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts