SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my smc , but here are some problems i'm having with it that i havent seen anywere else on this site.

-when shifting from 4 to 5 it sometimes goes into neutral.

-my instrument panel got moisture in it and it fogs up (& no i never used a pressure washer when cleaning it).

-on hot days the fuel in the tank gets so hot it starts to perculate and the bike stalls at low speeds.

to all fellow 690 smc owners please let me know if you have had the same problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure about the first problem...

Second problem is odd, maybe replace it or try and clean it....

3rd, do you have a vent cap??

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love my smc , but here are some

-on hot days the fuel in the tank gets so hot it starts to perculate and the bike stalls at low speeds.
How are you sure the fuel is boiling & causing this? Because it gets hot? How are you sure this is not a software issue? If i had just spent the money you just spent & it stalled, i would have it back at the dealer until it didn't stall. Sudden powerloss is a major issue & can get you killed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I love my smc , but here are some problems i'm having with it that i havent seen anywere else on this site.

-when shifting from 4 to 5 it sometimes goes into neutral.
That's a false neutral and means the transmission is effectively between gears. Try giving it a harder shift. Sometimes transmissions can be a bit stiff until they have a lot of miles on 'em. If the gear dogs bounce off each other enough (you'll hear a light clanging) the dogs will round off and the gears will need to replaced. It is not cheap and probably not warrantable unless the gear shift mechanism has failed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts