SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find out the front master cylinder size on the 690 smc???

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI = 13mm

·
Registered
696 Posts
Are you changing the master? Cause I always thought it could use a little less line pressure for more feel. The lever is too stiff...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have a billet beringer caliper and cast rotor, but looking for more feel. I have to brake with one finger cause I'm a grabber. I have a brembo 13mm sitting on the shelf that I might just try, but oem is a 13mm also.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking over my brembo on the shelf, it is a 12mm, I bolted it up tonight, I have a race weekend coming up, will report on the feel.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think that will give you even more line pressure and a stiffer lever... Let us know though.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From my experience a hard lever with aburpt feel, you need a smaller bore master cylinder. I will let you know after some riding.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, going from the oem 13mm bore cast brembo front master to a 12mm bore cast brembo was a very good improvement on the track. The lever feel was not as aburpt when first grabbing a handful, the 13 to me felt to off/on, but the biggest advantage was the lever feel on trail braking. Now remember my set up is a cast beringer rotor,a beringer billet caliper with race pads, so you can't compare that to oem.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sweet. Sounds like what I'm after. I think the stock caliper is good. Iron rotors are great, but I'm betting the 12mm master would make a similar improvement to the stock stuff. What was your brembo master off of?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts