SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
I've been running out of my front brake pads on my stock caliper, so i searched ebay for new ones
Now i have 4pcs brembo pads, like these.
But most of the sellers offer another types, and i don't sure if they'll fit.. And if this type is compatible, i assume i'll need to remove the whole caliper to install the pads.
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I were you I'd email the seller to confirm the two piece pads will fit. But the ad specifically says for a 2008 KTM 690, so they should fit.

If my memory is accurate, you will need to disassemble the caliper to install the two pads (vs OEM 4 pad design). I seem to remember that the caliper has some metal in the way which would prevent you from installing the two pad design.

Don't be worried about taking the caliper apart. I ripped my bike apart last year to have it powder coated, and I was a bit concerned with re-assembling the calipers. That turned out to be one of the easiest parts of putting my bike back together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I checked the compatibility on manufacturers site by part number, and some of them actually don't fit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi guys
If anyone's in need of new front brake pads and aren't happy with the squeaky stock Toshiba pads, I just put some Brembo pads in my 2010 690SMC. Brembo pads are tricky to find Quickly locally I needed them quick.

i did a lot of reading and according to the brembo website, OEM pads from a 2013 BMW S1000 RR (dual caliper setup) fit the 2010 690 SMC's 4 small pad brembo caliper.

So I put some on my bike - these are a sintered pad and have considerably more bite than the stock pads and do stop the bike a bit faster.

Attaching a photo of the part number. You can read about the Oem compound on the Brembo website but it's more aggressive than their Red pads.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts