SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
there were lots of people asking about pics of the installed EVO2 kit.

You can't see the cam obviously, but here is what the rest looks like:

all of it

the relocated battery box:

the filter & filter mount/seat bracket:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks Intune, those are probably the first pics on the web anywhere....I have been looking!

Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
295 Posts
love it, looks very clean! :thumbup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice...I like!:clap:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Intune; Looks really good! a couple things, It looks like the air sensor is just out there in open air? I know you were thinking the special air filter would have had something molded in for it. What type of dry battery is that and how is it working so far?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The IAT sensor is just out in the open. The KTM kit is supposed to have a bracket that holds it right where I have it mounted but apparently KTM forgot to put those in all the kits so I'm waiting on it. Wont make any difference though because I have it sitting right where it will be anyway.

Its an 8 cell SpeedCell battery and is 2 years old. Works fine, I took it out of my Aprilia and bought a 12 cell for that bike.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Really cool stuff!! Did you happen to notice a part number anywhere on the air filter for guys that would like to pick it up without having to buy the whole EVO 2 kit? I know the only way to get the brackets would most likely be with the whole EVO 2 kit. Im still saving for the vortex but will most likely pick up a Shorai battery in the meantime.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Really cool stuff!! Did you happen to notice a part number anywhere on the air filter for guys that would like to pick it up without having to buy the whole EVO 2 kit? I know the only way to get the brackets would most likely be with the whole EVO 2 kit. Im still saving for the vortex but will most likely pick up a Shorai battery in the meantime.
+1

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
feels just like you think it would.

little loss of grunt right off the bottom rpms, but feels more revvy, and hits harder up top.

you trade some low end torque for more hp and over-rev. instead of falling off a little at top revs, it pulls all the way to the limiter.

Again, I haven't yet been able to run it with a completely perfect map as I'm still working with Vortex on an updated fuel curve for the new cam. It will probably gain a little torque back once it gets dialed in because right now its running real rich down low and in the middle and a little lean up top.

Even with the fuel adjusters on the Vortex the curve is off because of the different nature of the cam profile. It needs opposite fuel curve form the standard cam (need lees fuel down low and more on top) Its the way the fuel needs to be ramped through the rpms that is the issue. You can add or remove fual all day, but unless you get the curve right then its not going to be perfect. All the Vortex maps right now are deigned around the stock cam profile.

As for the sound it is same loud, but instead of echoing and booming right in front of you the intake noise is behind and below you so it seems much less noisy.

Yeah, there is a part number on the filter. I can get it when I return from vacation. But K&N show it not available in the states. Also you WILL need to move your battery to make it fit. It needs all that space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Richard has done testing with the 690RR cam My vortex has the map but I don't have the cam yet. Unless the EVO 2 cam is different

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that vortex map is too rich at all but the very upper RPMs. The must either be some differences in the cam, or the new filter setup is making a big difference. If I lean out that map so its good down low, then it goes lean at the top. Again the fueling curve is off. Must be a different cam, or some other difference.

Will have mine on the dyno again with some new tuning in about 2 - 3 weeks

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Can't wait to see what you and Richard come up with. You, my friend are "the" 690/Vortex test bed.:cheers::popcorn:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Intune, lookin good! Did the kit come with everything, like the small filter for the breather hose?, how about any block off plugs? Just curious because KTM-parts.com pics of the kit really doesnt show much. :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No block off plates. Just a plug for the SAS from the head, the crankcase breather is just supposed to be the nose of the catch tank. I opted to use the little filter on my own.

1 - 20 of 316 Posts