SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed axle sliders on my 690 smc and I didn't have to do any drilling. The front and rear seemed to fit good with out any problems. I think I ordered the ones that were for the 690 sm. The front sliders rotate a little in place not freely u have to move them by hand. Are these the right sliders? Also those anybody have pics of them mounted?

·
Registered
569 Posts
yup the sm sliders work right

i have them on, not sure if i have any close-ups, mine you can grab with your hand and turn really hard and they will rotate, but not on their own, since its plastic against metal, made to work that way

can't seem them good in these pics, but can see them:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks elkbow!!! Just wanted to confirm that I have the right sliders. Mine turn too with some effort not on their own.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just installed axle sliders on my 690 smc and I didn't have to do any drilling. The front and rear seemed to fit good with out any problems. I think I ordered the ones that were for the 690 sm. The front sliders rotate a little in place not freely u have to move them by hand. Are these the right sliders? Also those anybody have pics of them mounted?
How did you get around drilling the right rear axle nut? It's solid on my SMC.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't have to do any drilling as I bought the KTM axle sliders and they came with their own rear and front nut. So their was no need to drill holes just remove the stock nuts and add the sliders it was that easy!

·
Registered
713 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I didn't have to do any drilling as I bought the KTM axle sliders and they came with their own rear and front nut. So their was no need to drill holes just remove the stock nuts and add the sliders it was that easy!
Do you have the correct part # for the sliders or would you share where you got them?My parts guy is about as confused as I am. Thought I had the right part but the nut was to small.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have the correct part # for the sliders or would you share where you got them?My parts guy is about as confused as I am. Thought I had the right part but the nut was to small.
I got them from Munnracing.com! Below is the link to the parts page and on the left column click 690 sm/enduro and purchase those sliders. :thumbup:

http://65.57.254.60/munnracing/

·
Registered
599 Posts
the 'correct' part numbers are on back order so I've been told. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts