SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's not enough of these bikes around for me to swing by the dealership and look at another one.....so thought I'd ask you guys.

I was poking around my engine and saw this hole that I can see right through. It's awfully shiny bare metal on both sides, which leads me to believe that there used to be something there.

This pic was taken from the right side of the bike.

I can't imagine that something that big came off and I never saw or heard it........

I hope I'm just worrying too much! :eek:

Thanks,
JOHN

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine has it too, looks like its a mounting hole that is used on another model.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll have to check mine and get back to you. You might want to keep a wrench handy, the screw that the front of the seat hooks to has already taken a hike right off of mine. I also noticed the rear brake lever has begun to rest on the clutch cover so I had to adjust the stop to get it a reasonable distance away. I'm going to make it a habit to do a once over quite often to check for screws backing out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.....appreciate it. Glad I'm not the only one!

Pecha, I like that idea! Wonder if that would cause any damage to the engine if the bike was dropped and the frame sliders were mounted there.....hmmmm.....

JOHN

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks guys.....appreciate it. Glad I'm not the only one!

Pecha, I like that idea! Wonder if that would cause any damage to the engine if the bike was dropped and the frame sliders were mounted there.....hmmmm.....

JOHN
it all depends what material is used for the sliders imo

·
Registered
154 Posts
The hole has milled faces so it may be used for holding the cylinder during milling operations at the factory. Could also be required for the engine stand used at dealerships to hold the motor for disassembly.
wayne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts