SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 07 690 smc with a custom 2 brothers exhaust setup and i have been having some stalling issues at idle. I have been doing some research on here and it looks like the "Akra map" from the KTM Dealer should fix my problem. I currently live in Hawaii and there is only 1 ktm dealer on the island and when i called them to ask about it they just told me i needed to buy the power commander V before they could remap it. Is this true? do i need the power commander for them to remap it? if not how do i get the dealer to understand what i want/need without getting the power commamder?

·
Registered
226 Posts
First off, congrats on the new bike! :thumbup:

No,

You don't need a Power Commander to have the map loaded onto the bike.

The dealer *should* have the cable and software to upload the Akra map (2 parts) to your bike. A PC is not needed for this.

This is entirely my opinion, but if the dealer seems like they don't know a whole lot of about this, then it might be a good indication that you should do it yourself instead. You can purchase the cable, download the Tune ECU program and upload the maps yourself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
First off, congrats on the new bike! :thumbup:

No,

You don't need a Power Commander to have the map loaded onto the bike.

The dealer *should* have the cable and software to upload the Akra map (2 parts) to your bike. A PC is not needed for this.

This is entirely my opinion, but if the dealer seems like they don't know a whole lot of about this, then it might be a good indication that you should do it yourself instead. You can purchase the cable, download the Tune ECU program and upload the maps yourself.
thanks for the info! is this the cable that i will need?
http://www.dualsportwarehouse.com/CJ-Designs-Tune-Ecu-Cables-For-KTM-Engines-TUNE-C-KTM.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i am a little confused about where to hook up the cable, i assumed i was supposed to hook it to this connector that comes off the ECU but it doesnt fit.

the one on the bike is a female end and the cable is male but they both have the same plastic outside casing therefore i cant plug one into the other. do i have the wrong connector? or am i missing something else?

here is a close up of the two connectors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
loaded the akra maps and did the throttle and idle reset procedures and it seems to be running a lot better. no more stalling on warm up, and hasnt stalled on me when taking off from a stop. thanks again for the cable arcenik :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts