SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where you can get an aftermarket comfort seat or gel seat for the 690 smc? Also, what other KTM bike seats would be able to crossover. As far as I know the 690 enduro is the only one that would fit because there almost the same bike.

·
Registered
569 Posts
none other that i know of, i'm sure after some time there will be a seat, and i don't think any other machine will fit, so your only option right now is take to a place that does seats/foam and have it changed...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. Does anyone know a place that would do a good job widening the seat and adding foam? Also obviously quick turn-around time would be good.

·
Registered
599 Posts
the stock seat only hurts when I commute with the bike. I've got an appt with renazco.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah when i commute that's when it starts to kill. mcjasonb how much do you weigh? What kind of wait time till your seat will be worked on or finished fast4d?

·
Registered
275 Posts
210 pounds...and that seat hurts like hell. I didn't buy this bike for comfort though. Will be looking for an alternative soon. My DRZ had a corbin and that seat was :thumbup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
i'm 175 pounds, the seat is hard, but i like it for fast riding, for long hauls, well the bike isn't made for long hauls...

but, what be a good option, two seats, one for long days, and one for agressive riding...maybe someone will do a gel seat for both

·
Registered
102 Posts
The stock seat kills my arse after about an hour or so. I'm 180 lbs....

You can send your seat into Sargent and they will put on a much higher quality foam and can put on a new fabric cover also.

I've used them before and they do a great job. You won't get the fast turn-around you're looking for though, as it's their busy season.

JOHN

·
6,598 Posts
the more you move around, pretty much meaning the more twisty stuff you ride the less your ass will be sore.

the seat on my EXC is about as comfortable as a wooden plank but if I ride a lot of twisty stuff I honoustly don't notice that it's uncomfortable. only when I head back home again, take the boring straight roades and stay seated in the same position for a long time, then my rear end will start to complain. I'm only 140 pounds (165 with gear) so my ass hasn't even ngot any fat to cushion the weight of my body :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i am going to give sargent seats a call in the morning. i wonder if they will be able to do to my seat like what renazco does to drz seats. those look real nice on the renazco website. that would be ideal

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had an appt with renazco for next week but I postponed it so I can get more seat time with the bike. it's now in august. it takes them less than a week to get you seat back (depends on shipping). I had a renazco seat for my duke II it was very comfortable and looks great (black suede with orange stiching.)

I think KTM will come out with a comfort seat since we share the same seat with the enduro bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve got about 400 miles on my SMC now and I love this bike! No problems whatsoever, but the gearing feels wrong for street riding / canyon carving / running from the law. My thoughts right now are to drop 1 tooth off the front and add 2 or 3 teeth to the back. Anybody care to share your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I’ve got about 400 miles on my SMC now and I love this bike! No problems whatsoever, but the gearing feels wrong for street riding / canyon carving / running from the law. My thoughts right now are to drop 1 tooth off the front and add 2 or 3 teeth to the back. Anybody care to share your thoughts on this?
i have been considering dropping one up front but i'll wait until i get an exhaust and remap and see how much more power that gets me. i like how the bike is geared but a few more ponies wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I ordered a front sprocket (1 down) and am going to start there and see how the bike works. I will post some results as soon as I get it and put it on.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I also ordered a 15t front sprocket and should be getting it by this week. I will post up updates once I have it installed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
put the sprocket on this afternoon and got a chance to give it a short test. 110 MPH fully topped out with a little wind. I think for in town playing it's going to be a blast, even easier to pull the front now ;). At 70 MPH it is between 5000 and 5100 RPM in top gear.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts