SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting about 50mpg riding agressively in the mountains.

I'm hoping for 60mpg (freeway cruising). feasible?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
60 mpg confirmed!!

awesome. I'm going on my epic ride.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I rode yesterday, through town on the interestate, then rode hard up to the crest, over 20 miles up and 20 miles down, total ride was 92 miles, put in 1.532 gallons of gas when i got back, just over 60 MPG

·
Registered
102 Posts
52.8 mpg
I just finished with breakin and let her run in a 5th gear run to redline, 105 indicated, and a run up the mountain mixed with all back road riding on this tank. I am sure it could get better if I was concerned with putting a mileage run together.

If you don't have a 690 yet, get'em before they're gone :thumbup:

Mine SMR runs like a top and handles better than anything I have ever ridden....Thanks KTM!

The other bikes in the garage are going to get lonely ; )

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It is quite possible that is will get BETTER mpg when it can breathe after mapping and an exhaust. Certainly it will be equal when it is used in the same manner.

That has been my experience in the past.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm still getting 50mpg. I wonder if the akra map is lowering my mpg.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was on the mountain and my gas light came on. I kinda freaked b/c I didn't want to run out and have to leave her on the side of the road and hike for gas (just kidding, I sure as hell wouldn't do that.) Does anyone know the range left when the gas light first comes on? I topped her off and the light stayed on for a little while, I thought it was broke. It did go out but it seemed to take a really long time.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my low fuel light came on today and it started to count (1,2,3....). I didn't know if it was counting the seconds or miles traveled or ?

I stopped at the gas station at 35. took 2.5gal to fill up. reserve is about .6 gallon. according to the manual it'll reset automatically in 3 minutes if you don't do it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
it's counting the miles since your gas light came on, so you know how many miles you have gone on reserve

·
Registered
42 Posts
After filling up hold the set button in until the reserve light goes out...I get 175-180 out of 2.78 gal mpg lol I don't even worry...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm still getting 50mpg. I wonder if the akra map is lowering my mpg.
That is quite possible, from what I know, the KTMs are shipped pretty lean from the factory to meet the emissions standards for the US, so to get more power, add the pipe and increase fuel...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fast4,

So, are you saying that you went 35 miles after the Fuel Light came on and it started counting the miles?

That's pretty good to get that much out of the reserve....

Wait, I just re-read your post. So, if it took 2.5 Gal to fill it up and the tank is 3.17 Gal...... That means you still had .67 Gal left of fuel after going 35 miles on the Reserve. So, you still could have gone another 33miles assuming you get 50 MPG??????

Is this right or am I missing something or miscalculating????

I barely made it through high-school math, so I know I'm wrong.....lol

JOHN

·
Registered
102 Posts
On another note, I'll add this.....

I went from a full tank to the fuel light coming on at 141 miles.

I went another 12 miles, then filled it back up. It took 2.57 Gals. to top it off.

So, that equals 59.14 MPG! I love this thing.

I'm sure it will go down a little once I'm done with the break-in period and I'm not so gentle with the throttle....... :thumbup:

JOHN

1 - 20 of 25 Posts