SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2007 690 sm on the dyno last weekend. The bike has a Leo Vince system with the quiet plugs installed, akro map, and stock airbox with the insert still in place. From 3000 to 5000rpm there is a bad lean spot then it goes back to almost a perfect a/f ratio after 5k. Has anybody else seen this with a similar setup? Im happy with the power its got but the lean spot concerns me because its where i do most of my street riding. I wonder if people with akropovic exhaust have the lean spot?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how to modify the map without a power commander and I don't have one yet. This bike is new to me and i'm learnin as I go. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If it’s lean, and it certainly is stock (I assume it’s set that way for smog testing), you need to be able to adjust it.
This means a PCV or similar as far as I know.
Potentially there are people that can “tune” the stock ECU.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Get TuneECU, a laptop, a cable and go here to get a more suitable map for your bike. Do some research about how to use it. (particularly the 15 minute idle reset and throttle calibration) It's all available on this forum.

It's not going to solve all that's bike's problems but and EPT/EFI map will give you a less lean midrange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts