SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to ride on a German supermoto track in a couple of days (Erzgebirgsring) and one of the requirements is to remove the side stand. Apparently the bike doesn't want to be in gear when the side stand is removed, it will start allright but when put in first gear it dies.
It's too late to buy parts, so I'm urgently looking for a DIY way to make sure it can be ridden without side stand.

I checked the area around the stand and it looks to me the switch is magnetic, eg. when there is no magnet in front of it, the bike won't start.

I could try taping a magnet there, but that won't hold for long. Anyone has a better solution?

Number 11 is the problem I think, the side stand sensor, part number 61011045000.
Part 5 is called magnet holder, part number 76503029000.

When the side stand is flicked up, part 5 is lifted in front of part 11, causing the bike to be able to be ridden.

Could I just disconnect the sensor? Didn't try it yet, but probably it won't start then either?
After disconnecting the sensor, should I shortwire the connector on the bike's side? From the picture above it seems there are three wires, which ones should I connect?

Thanks a lot for any comments that might help!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Been there done that. I bought a small magnet and duct taped it to part# 11 and tucked it under the seat, been that way for a year now. Fixed it all.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Those 3 wires go to a curcuit board in your kickstand,don't ask how I know, had to buy a new part# 11 after I got through tearing it apart, only ktm would put a curcuit board in the kickstand:bannana:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Putting a circuit board on the kickstand sounds like such a BMW thing to do. :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Lol, but you gotta admit, this bike answers a lot of questions nobody asked :anim_peep:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thank God all of us are here to help or we would be really screwed

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the replies, it seems the magnet + duct tape method I initially thought of is the way to go after all :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For future readers:

If you put the flat side of the sensor to the top, the magnet should be taped to the bottom right corner. If you put the magnet in the middle, you will still be unable to put your bike in gear.

This is where I tucked the cable :)

The cable (at least in my case) ran kinda this way, where I stopped the line at the top there is a connector. I didn't even disconnect it, I just reran the line to the top, between the frame and the airbox.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
KTM offers a connector that I guess runs in a loop, it was like 25.00 but the magnet was a dollar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts