SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I've had several bikes and done a few home made mods in my time. Hell, I've built more multi million dollar homes in my career than I can remember but for some reason i fell like I'm gonna mess this up if i cant see a few pics. I've searched this site over and a couple others also to find a thread that has pics for the exhaust mod to the 625 SMC and only came up with a pretty good instruction list. I'm not sayin its incomplete but just a few pics if anyone has any would help put it all together and assure me that I'm doin it right???:hmmm:

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174541&highlight=625+smc

some more pics. u can do it w/o taking hte whole exhaust apart. drill it a 1.25" hole saw, grab the peashooter with pliers and push it in and out until the tab inside brakes from the peashooter. it's much louder afterwards. fyi, according to the dyno thread, this mod doesn't increase hp at all.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!
Thanks for the heads up on this guys. I will post detailed pics of my process for furture use once i get it done this weekend.
Anybody know and shops on Oahu that carry the JD jet kit i will need too?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh and dont forget to break the tabs off too. Yep its louder for sure but its soooooooo nice!

·
Registered
150 Posts
What size is that hole saw? If its that easy im doin it this weekend, if i go over 50mph all i can hear is wind

·
Registered
150 Posts
any jetting required?

·
Registered
605 Posts
dyno results show no change with different end caps or pea shooters removed... just so you know. They are louder though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
ya im not concerned about the power, i just want a little more noise :D. will i be ok with the stock jetting? my bike is bone stock except for the throttle stop.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts