SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a way to adjust spark advance on these bike's. if I'm not mistaken it's done by a computer but I haven't found anyway to adjust it. thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
there is a little electrical connector you can disconnect if you only have access to low octane fuel. i forget if it advances or retards...but since high octane fuel burns slower, i think they would retard spark for low octane fuel.

what way to you want to go with it man? its in the manual i dont have access to look it up right now for you.

haha check it out i remembered this thread....nobody even responded :lol:

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=30575&highlight=disconnect
i got an 04smc :thumbup:

you know about the tsp right? that messes with the timing at low rmp but i forget which way...its stickied in this section

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wopachop is right, there is a wire to disconnect so you can run low octane fuel. It will retard the timing. It the wire behind the right side black plastic.

·
Registered
542 Posts
:hmmm: hhmmmm, makes me wonder, who's adjusted their "tps" for performance!!!!!!! (don't disconnect,adjust!!!)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya I know about the little brown wire the problem is I'm going to need a custom spark curve for what I'm planing right now. I need more spark down low to mid but I'm going to need to pull out some overall spark at full advanced. btw the wire retards but not in the curve I'm going to need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts