SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from a ride, friend noticed that my taillight brake light (the middle of the three bulbs) was burnt out. I know that there are certain bulbs that do BETTER than others during constant shaking...... anyone have good results with a particular bulb? If so, do you have the model number and where you bought it??? Much much appreciated. Cant ride till i fix this. :rant:

·
Registered
364 Posts
In general the thicker the filliment the better a bulb will do with vibration. Another option would be to get some LED bulbs, but becareful with those because many are much dimmer than the filliment bulbs they are sold to replace.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dont wanna change out bulbs all the time. Any link to someone that makes LED bulbs for this?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
When I was in the auto parts store the other day (Pepboys), I noticed that they had two versions of the same bulb from Sylvania. Once was their regular version, and the other was a "long life" version or something. The long life version had what appeared to be thicker wires inside.

You could also go with a LED bulb. That's what I did when I did my blinker mod. They had a couple different part numbers. I used the 1157, but that's because I was using the bulb for a running light and brake light.

·
Registered
364 Posts
When I was in the auto parts store the other day (Pepboys), I noticed that they had two versions of the same bulb from Sylvania. Once was their regular version, and the other was a "long life" version or something. The long life version had what appeared to be thicker wires inside.

You could also go with a LED bulb. That's what I did when I did my blinker mod. They had a couple different part numbers. I used the 1157, but that's because I was using the bulb for a running light and brake light.
Yes the LL version of any bulb is the same as the regular bulb with a thicker filliment. What is the exact type of bulb? Let me know and I will do some research it for you at work tomorrow and if needed call up Slyvania or Philips to see what bulb is best suited/recomended for the application.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well since im new at this. i'll try the sylvania thicker fillament bulb. And ill record how long it lasts. Ill just buy another just in case. I was 40 miles from home and saw like 5 cops on the way home. I was just happy to get home without a reward!! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts