SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ride with Fasstco bars on their SMC?
(http://www.fasstco.com/)

I'm trying to get some of the vibs out of my bars, I ride for about 30 mins on the freeway and my hands are falling asleep.
I've seen good review on TT for these bars.. but they are all on desert bikes (Baja riders) and I'm not sure if this design can help tame the paint shaker of the SMC...

Or do any of you use those weighted bar end plugs?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
have you filled your bars yet or is it already stuffed?

·
Registered
111 Posts
id be very interested in these as well. what do you mena by fill your bars?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah like Scottie says, I took others advice on here and clamp my legs harder on the tank and gently hold the throttle and just move it with my palm, I have no more numbness and it has a stock bar with acerbis supermoto handguards.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The faster I ride, the less the bike vibrates... so I ride FAST! :)

Years ago when I was into dirtbikes, there was a product called the Bar Snake. It was basically a rubber hose that you slipped into the bars. I don't know if it really did anything, or if it is still on the market.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I happen to have 4 or 5 boxes of shot gun shell that I no longer fit any of the guns I have... so I started cutting.. it takes about 40 18g (game shot) shells to fill the stock bars...

It's cheap a fix, but I don't really notice any difference.. maybe a little..

but what really helps is $12 part called the "cramp buster" I picked it up at cycle gear.. it slides over the grip and has a little "paddle" that your palm rest on.. so you are able to relax the grip..

I've only had it for a week or so.. it gets in the way a little for city riding, but I think I'll get used to it... worst case I'll put it under the seat when not in use...

:bike:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts