SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 115 miles on my new 07 610. Im thinking im going to change the oil soon and then do it again at 600 miles. What oil are you guys using?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
do a search.................................

·
Registered
657 Posts
Oil questions always result in differences of opinion. GEORGE AT UPTIGHT recommends Golden Spectro 4 stroke offroad 20/50. He has been a dealer forever and really knows these bikes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i searched around and im still lost. Lots of people seemed to like the rotella? Did people start having problems? How much is the Golden Spectro? I just want a good cost effective oil. Would M1 be better?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see there was some concern about the Golden Spectro breaking down fast is this true? Id like to not be doing oil changes every 500miles. Is there any oil that everyone can kind of agree on even if its not their favorite?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i picked up the M1 and im going to put it in tomorrow. I also found a few quarts of Royal Purple 20/50 synthetic left over from the last time I did the oil in the P-Car. Anyone ever use that in their bike?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shell rotella 15w40 in all my bikes. never had on clutch issue. silky smooth shifts, easy neutral. I think the guys running the rotella syn are having issues because that is only 5w.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Motorex 10w60

I ran Castrol Actevo 4T 20w50 for the first 2 oil changes. It was the best the local bike shops sell. I was not happy with the way it shifted in 100*+ tempatures. After a local search for any 10w60, I found Motorex 4T 10w60 full synthetic for $10/liter (case price) on E-bay. I put the 10w60 in with that bike still hot and it was MUCH quieter than with the 20w50. Considering the price I will leave the Motoex in for at least 1,000 miles.

With the the "correct" weight oil I bet my cam chain will last for ever.:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts