SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....I just returned from a week long biking adventure in and around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area over the 4th. I figured the weather would be hot and wasn't sure how the bike would run, but I must say it performed flawlessly. My only complaint (which leads to my question) is at one point after running the bike hard in 99 degree heat for a few hours I noticed the little red oil light on the instrumentation flash, stay on for a second, and then go off. I immediately pulled over to check my oil level. The window appeared good with the oil sitting between the 2 lines. After resting for a few and then firing up, I noticed that the oil icon came up on the instrumentation and is now permanently on. The bike hasn't been ridden in a week and the oil level looks good, but the oil icon is still visible. Could the extreme heat and hard riding have caused the oil to boil up, triggering the oil warning light? How do I get the oil can icon to turn off my dash?
Any suggestions are appreciated! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Don't worry, the little oil can icon is set to come on at certain milage intervals. There's a way to reset it for the next interval but I forget how so mine just stays on. If you know the shape of your oil and keep the level monitered too, there's no reason to trust an idiot light anyway...right. :hmmm:;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the instructions on how to reset the service interval indicator at home. I got them from this site, I think. Send me a pm as a reminder and when I get home I'll post them up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts