SuperMoto Junkie banner

761 - 780 of 780 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just changed from a 16-45 to a 14-45

All I can say is.

Top speed flat out is about 155kph (how fast can you go through a hairpin ?)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm trying to put my passenger pegs back on but the bolt for the left bottom is not long enough. The parts guide calls for the 55mm bolt which is what I have. Does it not mount to the lower subframe bolt like the right side?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm talking about the bottom part... I think the bottom subframe bolt goes through it but the parts guide said the bolt is about 2 inches long which is too short. Not sure weather to get a long bolt or if there is a certain bolt that sits recesed in the peg

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm trying to put my passenger pegs back on but the bolt for the left bottom is not long enough. The parts guide calls for the 55mm bolt which is what I have. Does it not mount to the lower subframe bolt like the right side?
Yes it mounts through the lower subframe. That 55mm bolt was installed at the factory by magicians, once I took it out it wouldn't ever catch threads to tighten up again. Go with a longer bolt and go ahead and put a nut on the backside of it too to keep it from backing out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Take care with the exhaust if it is not the original one, it sometimes "forces" the pad support out.
I good way is install a longer bolt just to make sure the thread is ok, if yes, ask a friend or wife to help push all parts togheter till you can reach the first treads with the standard bolt. I replaced mine for a allen head bolt and instal it with a " T " tool.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Aaron. Looks a bit suss...

Anyway, here's a photo of my '09 SM610 from Western Australia.
Recently sold my '05 ZX10 for it and absolutely loving it.
Thanks to this thread I've blocked off the O2 sensor + installed 2.2k (bike came with 1300k's and the Barrett installed), removed heat shielding + wrapped and have a JD Tuner on the way.
This is the most fun I've ever had in a bike!! The mid range torque is amazing.
Damien
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417700871.325782.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Long post warning!!

First of all, nice supermoto. Happy to see another one riding around just wish you were closer so we could go riding. Also, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by 2.2k vs 1300k.

I purchased my 2008 sm610 just over a year ago with 1800 miles on it and it looked like this.

It already had the O2 sensor and canister removed. Had the black plastics with graphics installed and the factory exhaust was shortened 3 inches. Also the stars cut in the air box. The only thing I did was install underglow

Changes to any color but I'll spare the exta pictures.

In April this year I hit a deer going 50 or 60 mph. Punctured the left radiator and broke the bottom plastic fan shrouds. Had all my sliders installed so the rest of the body came out fine and no fork damage surprisingly.

My gear did its job and I came out with only a sore ankle and sore wrist. Maybe a slightly wounded pride too lol.

After a lot of work and time this is what she looks like now

I removed the factory exhaust and used a gsxr carbon fiber twin brothers exhaust which I mounted centered under the rear fender. I installed a tuner, removed the graphics and added red reflective pinstriping. Also did my helmet to match. Put a steel sprocket on the back and red sprocket bolts. Red reflective rim tape, and Avon distanzias tires were also put on. Got a set of bar end mirrors and used an axle tag mount and slim LED brake light with built in turn signals. The fuel light has stopped working though so I use the trip meter and fill up every 100miles. Lastly, I put a ram phone mount on the handle bars and a throttle lock which I barely use. That's all I can think of but the list is sure to grow. I have had a couple other battery and starting issues but they just ended up being loose wires so no major problems. I am now just under 7000 miles so I've put a little over 5000 miles on it in the last year. She's been a great bike and I'll probably keep it for a long time. I recommend joining supermotojunkie if you haven't already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shit mate bad luck with the deer! Looks like she came off second best in the end though judging from the photos! We don't have any deer to worry about but Kangaroo's get cleaned up pretty often.
I meant I bought the bike with 1300 kilometres on the clock and I installed a 2.2k resister.
What do you mean about removing the "canister"?
Pin stripes make the bike look very unique good on ya!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417736098.449474.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like that picture

The canister was a smog thing they might not have put on the Australian models. It was located on the right side of the motor but from the picture you don't have one.

Looked like this

It's like the first thing they recommend doing is to remove the smog canister and delete the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello gentlemans!

Please can you help me find the higher seat for 610 ie 2008?

My brother looking for one.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
77 Posts
if u have pealed open you air box befor u will have noticed 3 pads that are on the top cover of ur box and they press down and seal your filter to teh back cover.. ill try and buy a camra soon but im only 16 i work 20 hrs a week goto school then to collage and have to pay a 400 a/month insurance / bike payment so bear with me guys xD but ill have pictures up soon dont worry!!
How the heck did you afford a brand new bike at 16?:hmmm: Plus a 610 is a bit much for a skinny lil 16 year old :headshake Over here you are only allowed a 125cc at 16. You must have had a job from an early age, where were your parents!?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
How the heck did you afford a brand new bike at 16?:hmmm: Plus a 610 is a bit much for a skinny lil 16 year old :headshake Over here you are only allowed a 125cc at 16. You must have had a job from an early age, where were your parents!?
Layaway plan. Haven't you heard of that in England? He whored his sister out.:rofl:

In all seriousness, I had 2 paper routes when I was a kid. I had a brand new KLR250 and a nice car in high school, at 16.

761 - 780 of 780 Posts