SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 610 with 8800 miles on it.

My left fork seal has been leaking for a while. I was getting ready to replace it and was doing some research on the internet. I found this and it worked. Cost about $5 on ebay. Just a piece of thin plastic. Probably could have made it myself, but for $5 I thought I would give it a try. Used it about a week ago and my fork left is dry now. Just followed the instructions. I am not affiliated or associated with these guys in any way, but this is so much better than replacing a fork seal. Took about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
more details? like what exactly is it and how do you put it on?

and yes, im too lazy to look for myself :bannana:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Good idea in a pinch, but you are gonna have to replace the seals anyway. The OEM seals from Husky are junk! My forks were full of air after pretty much every ride from day one. Since having my stuff redone by FBI, there is never any air in there now.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
its good to change the oil occasionally too. How much has leaked out? Small amounts of oil can change the "tune" of your fork. If it were me I would dissasemble and at least check the oil condition and most likely change it. An hour or two in the garage and 2 liters of oil. Its a good rainy day project:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts