SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thursday 6/26 from noon-dark we will be having a practice day at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe.

So, tell the boss you ate something funny at lunch on thursday and head out to the track!

Cost is only $40!!!

Knobs, newbs and quads are welcome too.

Normal Practice groups:
Pee Wees/Pit bike/Mini's
Quads
Slow
Medium
Fast

For more information about upcoming events, see www.supermotousa.net

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is there going to be Dirt.

What's the track layout going to be? Is it simular to the monster truck track. I am wondering cuz Kolby never had it pinned in hi gear, so if the track is about the same, I want to gear him up, to get more low end pull, but to do this I think I have to get a longer chain. Also is the dirt section better, Kolby has started jumping again, and now he wants to MX more, cuz there is no usable tabletop jumps.:rolleyes:

thanx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sucky

Very frustraiting, this is. I am sure there is someone to blame, but yet it doesn't get my kid any practice. I like SM, but how is a body to progress in the sport if there is no way to practice. Comming from a MX background this bout of cancelations most difficult to swallow. To be sure the Pacific gravel sale is beyond any organizations powers, but no make up race? No plan B? I spent a fair amount of money building a safe bike for my boy, but it seems I have to be an Oregonian to ride the thing. I am not sure I would have went in this direction had I known it was going to be this hard to participate in this sport. I am most positive that this is the last year Kolby will be allowed in pee wee, so next year he has to compete against adults, now this may seem crass, but with the price of fuel, it his hard to convince the old lady to let us spend money we don't have to race @ the back of the pack. Kolby knows that he has to preform at a high level to continue the sport. We will always ride off road, but racing is a luxury. He knows that to be good he has to get seat time. it is my job to figure out how to do this. At this point we are going underground against the the law and riding in parking lots. Ok my rant and rave is done, but does anybody know something I don't. We didn't do fathers day cus it's hard to stand up my dad for anything less than a gold plastic statue. We didn't do sthe stumpjumpers thing cuz I thought I would save $ and we would get a all day practice. All we want to do is ride. If anyone has any ideas on how to or where to accomplish this please post. Car pooling to Oregon seems like an idea.

P

·
0 Posts
Your enthusiasm is awesome!

I understand your frustration, but things are getting better... just slowly.

We are all in the same boat, so you aren't getting less practice than the competition.

Don't discount flat track and mx practice as being applicable to supermoto... the dirt guys usually show up and do incredible with NO asphalt experience.

I would normally suggest travel to Oregon, Horn Rapids, or Vancouver, but gas is expensive. Remember that we have it easy compared to other countries. WHY is another discussion, but we need to get over the shock and realize that other countries work around the expensive gas, and we can too. I could start going off on how we don't have to accept it and shouldn't lay down, but that is off-topic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
move to montana

Move here to montana! We have to order a glass of milk when We want some.No matter were We go We'll drive 500 to 600 miles Utah,nevada,oregon.I think You guys have it made.No matter what You race it ALWAYS costs a pile.If my kid wants to do this He will have to get a job,poor kid.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanx for letting me vent

We do practice MX and race at our local track on thursday nites. Part of my frustration stems from the fact that the last 2 local Hannagen flat track events have been rained out.:rant: I want Kolby to be able to ride anything anywhere, so we do cross train. I understand the reason Kolby is fast is because we did seek out MX practices. I have drove to Riverdale raceway on our way to Port Angeles, and we live in Bellingham. That was when gas was only $2.50. This is:rolleyes2: why I am so dissapointed that a local practice, that being with in 100 miles, is canceled. I guess for the time being we will just have to race around cones in the parking lot that is used to take your cycle license test. At least there is no NO TRESSPASSING signs posted.:rolleyes2:Does anybody know of any abandoned airports or parking lots in the greater seattle area. I don't mind driving a 100 miles if we can ride all day.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"I feel your pain"... It's been this way for years. It used to be that we would have to go all the way to Pat's or Mac for practice, that simply doesn't make $$$ sense anymore.

Any time you have a facility that can be used for more than just karting and supermoto, there are going to be "control" issues. Since the other groups that use the facility pay way more than we do to rent the facility, sometimes we are going to lose out. The rest of the practice days there this year have been fully confirmed, so we shouldn't have a repeat.

The good news is at some point we will have Pacific GP as a regular practice track. There is another track in the region that is nearing a point where it will be announced (it's somewhere in the permitting process now).

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
"I feel your pain"... It's been this way for years. It used to be that we would have to go all the way to Pat's or Mac for practice, that simply doesn't make $$$ sense anymore.

Any time you have a facility that can be used for more than just karting and supermoto, there are going to be "control" issues. Since the other groups that use the facility pay way more than we do to rent the facility, sometimes we are going to lose out. The rest of the practice days there this year have been fully confirmed, so we shouldn't have a repeat.

The good news is at some point we will have Pacific GP as a regular practice track. There is another track in the region that is nearing a point where it will be announced (it's somewhere in the permitting process now).

Remember we'd blow the track at Pat's for leaves and make mental notes for where the frost was and ice in some cases......8-10 of us would go down and brave the winter....a couple times the track was flooded in some parts......take the old shagged rains...you guys would side bet to how many laps I could make on the KX 500 before it would throw me to the ground.....aaaaah those were the days....
yea gas prices have gone through the roof......
I miss those calls...hey Brian goin to Pat's, you in ?? it's freezing out !...yea so what, it's seat time and it's dry...ok, I'm in.....
I am bummed about Hannegan's flat track closin down....I love that place on knobbies....oh well good things come to those who are patient....;)

Those guys from Montana are hard core......they will drive all day for two hours worth of ridin...gotta luvem ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
328 Posts
High fuel cost:damn:It has been tough for everyone:rant:. We are not traveling alone as much however in many cases sharing the ride with other riders allowing us to travel more to a practice or a race. I agree with Patrick about other methods of practice. If you pull up www.flattrack.com there should be some info in there for racing or practice in the area. There just was a short track race at Rainier last weekend that would have been great practice for a SM rider no matter what riding level you may be. I know at the ORV park near Olympia there will be several FT practices coming up as well (Just a suggestion). Hang in there I really think that things will turn around in our favor. Thanks to all the people so far that have really put out the effort for practice in Oregon and Washington, that really helps already.:thumbup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bummer it got cancelled. I checked the post monday, made plans for the whole family and we showed up yesterday only to find out it got cancelled.

So when is the next practice scheduled for?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts