where do you plan on joining us on the ride

• somewhere on the mountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry Im just getting this thread started this year. in the process of selling my house, moving, and buying a new house so I have needless to say lost track of time. but here goes nothing. as usual we will meet at the shell off Ortega hwy and the 5 frwy (east side of the frwy) in San Juan Capistrano at 7:30am and leave at 8 promptly thru ortega to elsinore. Im kinda leaving the route from there up to the group this year instead of mapping it all out. the main ??? i have is WHO IF ANYONE WANTS TO MEET AT CHAPPARAL MOTORSPORTS THIS YEAR?? last 2 years were [retty much a waste of time and if I cant get anyone to comfim for sure then we will skip that meet point and spend more time on the mountain. Im guessing we could be to Chap by around 10:30 am. then up the mountain for some serious fun as usual. feel free to throw some ideas out there guys, i dont have alot of time to plan this out but ill be damned if im not there with everyone. seriously looking forward to it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was just about to start a thread on this today... wasn't sure if you were gonna have time with everything on your plate this year. Good to hear you're making some time. Miss riding with ya Sterile.

I'm in for the whole ride this year. We had a great turn out last year

FWIW: I run the 18 to 38 loop every weekend and Hwy 38 has brand spankin new asphalt going up the backside. The last 20-30 miles heading into Big Bear is nearly a perfect track surface. It's only on one side though, so heading up the 38 might be an option this year.

Waiting to see who chimes in for this year. I know Jimbo is ready. Seen him installing some macaroni's last week

·
Registered
23 Posts
Count me in. Is there going to be a meet spot somewhere to Elsinore. I met everyone at chap last year but would like to get a Lil more seat time with everyone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not going to plan a meet spot in elsinore but if u r at the bottom of ortega hwy at 845 we will be coming thru about then. Im sure some guys will have to gas up in the IE somewhere i just am not going to plan a place for gas. Too many variables to take into consideration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since I live in Big Bear I can confirm 38 is pretty awesome currently, but since we did just get rain there is a lot of gravel on the edges of the road so everyone be careful.

Two or 3 of us can meet at chaparral since It's closer or meet somewhere if you guys skip chaparral.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in. I'll meet you guys in San Juan for the Ortega leg, love that road! Stoked to ride with you guys

I'm in the Lakewood area if anyone would like to roll to the meet together. Let me know!

·
Registered
59 Posts
traded the wr so i get to be that guy this year and ride the cbr1100xx this year at least my ass wont hert this time.:rofl:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is anyone meeting somewhere in the IE. Or Elsinore area
Maybe... I live off the 15 and 60.

I'm thinking about skipping the early 6:00am ride heading to OC this year. There's a Best Western hotel right where the rally point is.

I was thinking it might be real nice this year to roll out of bed... into my leathers, out the door and already be 200 feet from the Shell station. :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

If you or anyone else is interested lemme know... Just need to chip in few bucks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe... I live off the 15 and 60.

I'm thinking about skipping the early 6:00am ride heading to OC this year. There's a Best Western hotel right where the rally point is.

I was thinking it might be real nice this year to roll out of bed... into my leathers, out the door and already be 200 feet from the Shell station. :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

If you or anyone else is interested lemme know... Just need to chip in few bucks
I live right there of of the 15 and 60 too. I was thinking about just riding down to Elsinore and jumping in with the group

·
Registered
632 Posts
I live right there of of the 15 and 60 too. I was thinking about just riding down to Elsinore and jumping in with the group
If I can't get anyone to chip in for the room, I'll probably join you.

However, the Ortega to Elsinore portion is my old stomping grounds. Used to live 4 mins away from Ortega and have ridden it hundreds of times.

It only takes another 15-20 mins to get from the lake to the Shell station. Not much difference if you plan to hang all day.

Either way, I've attended all the previous year's rides and won't be missing any of this one... even if I have to leave Fontucky at 6am.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This thred has been far too quiet this year. Lets get some more confirmed riders in here to join us. We usualy have double the amount of riders on the ride than actually commit so im not concerned just yet. Either way there will be a group of us spending the day in the canyons and probably some dirt too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you know i will be there for all but probley not the dirt. bike is a little to heavy for that one.:rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a group of 5-7 going. Some are meeting at the Shell station off Ortega, some are meeting at Chapparal MS. STOKED FOR THIS RIDE

1 - 20 of 29 Posts