SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a slipper if you have one for the new 70degree motor.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had to go new:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've spoken to a few guys outta here in Europe, and I've heard that the best slipper slutch for our 570 is the Suter. The one used by Nico Joannidis, 2011 German championship winner

On the contrary a few people told me that the Adige/Adler clutch is not a great piece..

3rd rival: The STM clutch... no worries about its quality

4th rival: The Rekluse clutch... I don't know it, and I don't know if it's a slipper one, or just an automatic one

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suter is the easiest to install by far - I have had or seen all the manufucters slippers and it is my choice for ease of install and they work.

·
Registered
547 Posts
What about Adige's APTC clutch?

Found one on Ebay and seems quite cheap at the moment. I'm sure it needs the Bergos spring kit, as I heard they slip under acceleration otherwise?

Really would like a Suter, but if Adige works ok then I'll try to get that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about Adige's APTC clutch?

Found one on Ebay and seems quite cheap at the moment. I'm sure it needs the Bergos spring kit, as I heard they slip under acceleration otherwise?

Really would like a Suter, but if Adige works ok then I'll try to get that.
I bought this one on Ebay. Very easy to install but then problems started.. Like someone wrote here, main problem is acceleration slippering. Tried different setups with included washers but didn't help. Also I found that adige APTC clutches comes with steel disks different thickness (1,5 and 2 mm) but this clutch from power parts has all plates 1,5 mm. Maybe that's the problem but my ktm retailer don't have 2mm plates so i ordered spring kit from bergs.de . Hope that will solve the problem..:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Suter works with stock discs and installs in minutes, job done - go ride. Used them all and only the Suter will find my bikes. No slip on accel and easy install.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
suter and stm are the same clutch, just changed the name for marketing in the usa. i have an adler and it slips on accel ofter i modded the bike, bergos has a trick spring kit that will make it grab under hard accel, rm

the rekluse is an auto clutch cool for the dirt lame on a sumo

·
Registered
13 Posts
suter and stm are the same clutch, just changed the name for marketing in the usa. i have an adler and it slips on accel ofter i modded the bike, bergos has a trick spring kit that will make it grab under hard accel, rm

the rekluse is an auto clutch cool for the dirt lame on a sumo
Did you install bergos spring kit? With washers or just springs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts