SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know what you guys think of the 570 as far as living with it on a daily basis. This will be my 4th motard. I just sold my fs650 and my 625 smc. How does the 570 compare to these two bikes? I just spent some time riding a friends 690 smc while down in North Carolina and was impressed by that bike. It was very smooth and had seamless power. Brakes were great as well. I am pretty committed to the 570 but just want a few opinions from the guys that already have one. I loved my 650 and 625 was pretty cool too. I just needed a change. I like the more aggressive bikes as I go to a local cart track quite a bit and ride a lot of country back roads in Kentucky. Can you ride the 570 at elevated speeds without stability issues? I am talking about above 70-75 mph? Is the bike reliable and how much is involved in valve checks and adjustments? Anyone put a full Akrapovic system on one yet? What is the power delivery like? And the ultimate question is would you buy another 570 if you had to do it again?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Good choice!!!
A lot of torque especially from bottom even in oem conversion. Bad thing is vibration, but if you will use it for race or fun riding be sure forget about vibr. Definitely not suitable for journeys
Servicing like usual dirt bike - every 500 - 800 km oil change. After ~90 - 100 hours will have strip down the engine. Just in race engine will go ~ 50 -60 hours, oil after each race. Weak unit is clutch due to huge of power. Don't use synthetic race engine oil it will kill clutch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think you wont regret if you by one, its an insane machine:) I got mine last weekend and has just broken it in. I have full akra, "tuned" air inlet and larger air inlet ducts (recomended from the dealer) and swithed the mapsensor from standard to aggressive. Its insanely powerfull from the bottom and all the way to the end! We went on a trip last night for about 2,5h, 1h of them on the highway doing around 110kph (ca 70mph?) and that was no problem on the stock gearing. It is some viberations, but not so much that you cant live with it and it didnt bother me at all. The wind catching my cross helmet was a bigger problem:) On the curvy roads and track its alomost unbeatable.

Service:

There are NO full stip down of these new engines, so forget that.

1h: oil change
3h: oil change an valve adjustment. (+ checking for loose screws etc)
15h: same as 3h service.
30h: same as 3/15h service.
and from there it is service every 30h.

After about 3-4h its broken in and ready for full throttle.
Services is DIY if you want to. (valves and oil etc, its a very easy job)

I hope that this answeres some of your questions:) (if the english is a little bad its because im norwegian;))

And would i buy another FS 570? HELL YEAH!:rock:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ive got 120 hours on my berg. I ride it to work every day. Ive mainted a service schedule as listed above. I had to put in a dirt tricks cam chain tensioner at 100hrs, as the stock tensioner just was not working. Also the bike doesnt like to start when its hot at the moment, due to some torque thingy in the starter motor. Luckily, it was mis-behaving while at the dealership, and they have ordered in the needed part and are replacing it under warranty, even though the bikes warranty has expired. Apparently its a common fault which the factory is well aware of, and are keen to fix all the affected bikes without any hassle (which is great I reckon!)

The bike really has been awesome. I havent had it on the track as my local kart track was shut down for a resurface, then to re-open only to ban all supermotos... (fuckers!!!!)

However Ive pushed it pretty hard on the street up in the mountain roads and its been exceptional. I don't know how the power would compare to a fs650 or a 625 as I havent ridden either (Im assuming the 650 would still feel a bit quicker than the 570) but whatever the 570 lacks in power I think it makes up for in the handling department. Superb. My previous sumos are a '03 KTM exc 525 and a '08 Husky Te510. The FS570 outshines em both on the street, however that husky motor was fkn awesome. As far as vibes go, its no where near as vibey as the husky (it didnt have a counter balance shaft) so I guess I feel a bit spoilt after riding that.
And would i buy another FS 570? HELL YEAH!
Totally agree :thumbup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information! Bergersen, your English is excellent and much better than most. Now how difficult are the valve adjustments? I've never done shims before. I wonder how this new Berg will compare to my 505 xcf that I rode today. I did 150 miles today on Kentucky back roads and had a blast. My ass was killing me but I was having too much fun to go home! The 505 pulls real smooth but I want a bike that rails the corners and scare me a bit. If the Berg pulls hard down low and through the middle I will be happy. I ordered the full titanium exhaust for it. How much more power should I get out of the remap and Ti exhaust? Are you guys running stock gearing? What axle sliders fit? Need hand guards too....any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I think these new Bergs are bad ass and I would love to get one. Top quality for sure and look like so much fun to ride.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts