SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Getting my new headlight on as we speak, thats why no pics of the front, it's an eye sore in my opinion...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I wish they still made those bikes....

Rear is a Pilot power 2ct, front is a dunlop I think.

I run BT-003's

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Enjoy your plate while you have it, if you frame is SMR based I bet you loose you plate when you renew them. Suprised you didn't already get a letter from the state taking away your plate like so many of us already have. Ride it while you can!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy your plate while you have it, if you frame is SMR based I bet you loose you plate when you renew them. Suprised you didn't already get a letter from the state taking away your plate like so many of us already have. Ride it while you can!
I'm really hoping it sneaks threw for a while so i can have my fun, got the title transfered and my tabs are good till aug of 2012 so if i get any random letters from vancouver i'll pretend i never saw it...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya... the first DOL i went to said they could only give me orv tags because my vin popped up as the dreaded "off road use only" so i left that place and went to a new one across town and they transfered/renewed it with no questions asked. i love oblivious people :bannana:

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Ya... the first DOL i went to said they could only give me orv tags because my vin popped up as the dreaded "off road use only" so i left that place and went to a new one across town and they transfered/renewed it with no questions asked. i love oblivious people :bannana:
You do realize now that you posted this, AND have told others you went across town and did it anyway that it can be construed as a false application of title in WA state and is a FELONY?? Make sure all of the equip needed is on that bike, after Jan, 1 2012 and after they pull your plate in a few weeks you will have to have it re-inspected and have it meet DOT standards.........

Good luck with your ride.....they are a blast.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thats a risk i'll have to run, worst case scenario is they pull my plate and i get it re inspected because i have everything to be legal... except horn, i'll get one soon. Thanks for the heads up on that though.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Billy,

I have talked extensively with the WSP on Legal requirements and they are gonna throw in a few new "legalities...." Pm me for more info as I am looking at doing some wiring on a bike for my brother as well and there are a few new additions that they want to see.........

You can all chalk this plating issue up to the Jap dealers that are pissed off about MSO's that come from Austria without the dreaded "for off road use only" monniker..... While their bikes sit and collect dust, some dealers cannot keep some of the Austrian bikes in stock and the prices are staying high and still hold a great VALUE.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Interesting about the Jap dealers and MSO's. I can't understand why they don't lobby to get the "offroad only " crap eliminated. There's always nice bikes for sale on here that are a hard sell because of that. Most people don't want to go out on a limb hoping they can get it plated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts