SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of converting my 530 excr to supermoto. I am wondering what 320mm rotor you guys are using? The 320mm wave rotor KTM sells, says it will not work with the two piston caliper and the relocation bracket. Is this true? If so what next?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used the KTM 320 MM rotor and relocation bracket and I had no issues. Mine is not the wave but the "standard" version that is not even a floater.

I have some pictures for the 530 I did, look them up and feel free to ask any questions.

Once you are done you will love it, most fun I have ever had. Wieghs less than most others, and has more power than 75 percent of them.

Brian

·
Registered
648 Posts
I also have the standard non-floating 320mm rotor from the hardparts book on my icerace setup, it only measures 312mm, and is the identical diameter as my 310mm KTM floater disc (but this is too thick for a 2 piston caliper, FYI)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Mike

I have the BEHR supermoto wheels that KTM provided as a promotion with the bike. They are the black ones with the cush hub from the catalog. The disc that's on the front is a true 320mm disc, but I can't find a stamp or part number anywhere on it. You might ask your dealer, as it might be a standard part rather than a "power" part, who knows. Sorry if that's not much help! Here's a photo anyway:

Dave

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old post, but I gotta question maybe somebody can help me with. Looking at Daves pic. above, did he have to drill a hole for that magnet, or is there already a pre-drilled hole in that rotor? Looking on a parts website it shows no hole there so I was just wondering. Also could you just swap out the OEM magnet and put it in the new rotor? If anyone has this same rotor please let me know what all needs to be done with it in order for it to work on the 530's. I would just ask Dave, but I noticed he hasn't been on here in about two months.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts