SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, but no one has posted about this exact problem.
I took off the 270 rotor, and installed a KTM specific 320 Braking rotor. The relocater I got has the threaded hole for the pickup, and the rotor has the hole for the magnet from the stock rotor. BUT, the stock rotor was a bit thinner than the Braking rotor. The magnet doesnt stick out far enough on the new rotor to get the C-clip on it. I could grind down the rotor in the spot where the magnet goes so I can get the clip on properly, but I'm wary of grinding anything on any part of my braking system. Or, I can epoxy or JB weld the magnet into the hole, but Im not sure if it will stay in at speed. Any advice ??
Also, I have seen a few places that sell replacement magnets. Does anyone know if they sell a thicker/longer magnet that will allow me to clip it into the new rotor without modification??

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did a search, but no one has posted about this exact problem.
I took off the 270 rotor, and installed a KTM specific 320 Braking rotor. The relocater I got has the threaded hole for the pickup, and the rotor has the hole for the magnet from the stock rotor. BUT, the stock rotor was a bit thinner than the Braking rotor. The magnet doesnt stick out far enough on the new rotor to get the C-clip on it. I could grind down the rotor in the spot where the magnet goes so I can get the clip on properly, but I'm wary of grinding anything on any part of my braking system. Or, I can epoxy or JB weld the magnet into the hole, but Im not sure if it will stay in at speed. Any advice ??
Also, I have seen a few places that sell replacement magnets. Does anyone know if they sell a thicker/longer magnet that will allow me to clip it into the new rotor without modification??
i would just glue it in there. its not that much force on it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts