SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! im confused anyone else done this got any wiring diagrams? anything will help. i got a trailtech 4k3b stator and regulater/rectifier, but im not sure what wires do what. any info to point me in the right direction would be very appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
YOu have a trailtech stator or a 4k3b unit from KTM? I would be happy to help you out with whatever I can. I have a 04 525 motor out of a SMR and it has Moose stator and EXC flywheel, with stock battery and works great!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i bought a trail tech stator and flywheel, i think i may have it figured out, i found some more info on thier site last night. I believe i hook the two yellow wires from the stator to the regulator/rectifier, then the red and black form the regulater to the battery then wire the lights from there. Sound right? ill keep you posted on how things go, hopefully ill be tearing the streets up soon!

·
Registered
681 Posts
i ran all the wires for my lights straight off the battery. that way if my bike dies for whatever reason, i will still have brake lights and headlights. what switch are you using to turn your lights on?

i used a k&s "offroad" switch, and for the lights it has a power wire, ground, high and low. once you get the power hooked up its pretty self explanatory. its been a while, but if im not mistaken it also has a power for the blinkers and the horn, but were not gonna worry about that just yet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually havent gotten my switch yet , but it has hi lo on off turnsignals horn and blinker. im also gonna get a samll battery from trailtech, that way i can fit it in the airbox.

·
Registered
681 Posts
the ktm has a place in the airbox for a battery. they sell the box and straps. once you get that figured out, just follow the directions on the switch you use as far as running the wires and you should be golden.

part numbers for the box and straps:

590.11.055.100 box
0017.060203 screws that hold the box in place
503.03.018.000 straps (i think thats the part number)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Great info Toaster, way to go in helping out a fellow junkie!!! Kepp goin Chad and post pics if ya get a chance when done!

·
Registered
125 Posts
2 yellows to the reg/rec, black and red to the battery then wire from there, exactly. Takes a LOT of the little "1 in 2 out" splitter things. Do yourself a favor and get trailtechs terminal kit. It's a disaster waiting to happen if you don't get decent weatherproof connections. It's pretty easy, just make sure you dont have any connections touching other connections, stupid groundout stuff, that kinda business. Test it a LOT as you go to make sure you're getting it right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for the input guys! im workin on it alot, cant wait to get it on the road, next i gotta find some fellow junkies to ride with, as all my friends ride either sportbikes or harleys i dare to be differant lol, and way more fun of course

1 - 9 of 9 Posts