SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of pipes are the KTM crowd running? I really cant find much besides Leo Vince slipons for my 525 EXC, and a few Ebay full systems. Anyone know of a good full system that wont make me go completely broke, an will give a few HP and a good exhaust note?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great thing to know Skully, thanks, but what about aftermarket systems? What is KTM's "house" brand? like the MRD/SSW for Suzuki, Termi for Ducati, etc.?
And, are there any slip ons that actually give you a HP increase with jetting, or are they all just sound?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have a stock 560SMR can if you want.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think it would make a difference?

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's a great thing to know Skully, thanks, but what about aftermarket systems? What is KTM's "house" brand? like the MRD/SSW for Suzuki, Termi for Ducati, etc.?
And, are there any slip ons that actually give you a HP increase with jetting, or are they all just sound?
KTMs are usually associated with Akrapovics, not exactly a budget option, but then again why put a naff pipe on a high spec bike? Save save save! :thumbup:

And Suzuki are more often related to Yoshimura who supply their genuine accessory exhausts. The MRD/SSW system is just one pipe for the DRZ.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A stock can is still a bit heavy.

I have a mint, full ti Akrapovic system for a 450/ 525/ 560

£300 + post

So whats that in USD? About $6,000,000???:D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Think it would make a difference?
You should see 1-2 hp max. I know Hugoagogo has KTM knowledge but the stock KTM exhaust can from the 560SMR weighs 5 pounds ... not a heavyweight. I bought a Leo Vince for that bike ... weight?? 5 pounds.
The akropovic may be a pound lighter, but the stock can = $60 Akropovic ? 300 pounds = about $495 american

·
Registered
385 Posts
It all depends on your budget and how much of a tart you are.

Akra are renound for their quality, Leo Vince have a bit of a reputation over here for falling apart, as do FMF. The good thing about the full system is it gets rid of the squish towards the back of the pipe where it passes between the frame and the shock.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A stock can is still a bit heavy.

I have a mint, full ti Akrapovic system for a 450/ 525/ 560

£300 + post

I was looking at this again, and noticed that its a single pipe at the head. My bike has 2 pipes into thbe head which drop down to 1 about 2 inches later. You sure this isfor a 525 EXC???:headscrat:hmmm::headscrat

·
Registered
771 Posts
My buddy has fmf powercore 4 on his exc, sounds tits. slip on I do believe. (tits=awesome)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I wound up getting a Leo Vince Ti Oval sip on off of Ebay for a pretty good price. Best part is when it showed up, The box looked unopened, and said it contained a CRF250R system. I started pulling stuff out of the box, and the first bag of bolts and stuff said the same, so dod the head and mid pipes. I thought, Oh shit, they sent me the wrong stuff.
Nope, at the bottom of the box was my silencer, and all the hardware for it as well.
So, I got a free '04-'05 CRF250R head and mid pipe in what is either stainless or titanium. cant tell the difference. Does TI have a different color from steel before it gets heat into it??

BTW, The pipe looks sweet and sounds great too!:bannana::bannana:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to makes sure my new computer can post pics OK, so here's a few of the slipon.

BTW, I tried out both baffles again, and I was a bit off on my perceptions of the volume of both of them. The quiet on is even quieter than stock, and produces zero note. The louder one is friggin' DEAFENING!! It has an amazing tone, but is so loud people in the next time zone are gonna hear it. Which is actually OK with me.:D Except for the fact that my bike has a serious decel pop, and with this baffle, it sounds like AK fire, and gets annoying really fast.
Also noticed that the quiet baffle is a narrower diameter than the loud one too. I was gonna trim some length off the quiet one to try and get some volume, but now I think Im gonna try and get a friend to add some length to the loud one so I can have the tome, and better flow without so much volume.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Looks great Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts