SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on what bike would be better both are 2003 and I mainly do street riding but I occasionally hit some easy trails but nothing too technical. I know the mxc has the close ratio and exc is wide ratio. The exc is mechanically sound with suspension refresh but plastics are very rough and the street stuff is in a box and supposedly it's all there. The mxc is registered ready to go but the fork seals need done and I'm told it's running great but haven't checked it out as it's a drive to check it out. Exc he's asking 2200 mxc 2000 but both say they are flexible. Having a hard time deciding.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The wide ratio has some advantages in my opinion.
You can have a low enough 1st, but give the engine a rest while “cruising” in 6th.

Are you planning on Sumo 17” wheels all the time, or 21/18” or swap between?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on doing the 17" conversion I had a 04 450 exc previously I converted and loved it but wanted a cruiser for long trips but had to give it up to get the cruiser. I've had the itch for a sumo since I sold it and now can get one. I figure the exc is the best choice since I'll mostly do road/hooligan riding in my free time. With more road than trail riding the exc would fair better than mxc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Exc will be much better for road/city use due to the wide ratio, unless you want to scream off the lights and change gears every 500m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts