SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to buy a motard but am wondering what I should buy. I want something to go from a to b with but also for track duties on weekends. I like the husky's but was wondering if the 510 is much better then the 450. Also what are the big differences between the two and say a crf450. I have a 04 crf for dirt duty and was wondering what I really should get for the way Im going to use it. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im about to buy a motard but am wondering what I should buy. I want something to go from a to b with but also for track duties on weekends. I like the husky's but was wondering if the 510 is much better then the 450. Also what are the big differences between the two and say a crf450. I have a 04 crf for dirt duty and was wondering what I really should get for the way Im going to use it. Any input would be appreciated.
Husky is street legal, Honda will be a pain in tha ass to get a tag for. Otherwise there really isn't much difference.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I cant really say much about the crf but i have ridden both the huskys. The major difference is in the power delivery. The 450's snap a bit harder down low and the 510s power is much more linear. The 450's are usually a little quicker in the tighter stuff (1st-2nd or 3rd) and the 510s usually have a little bit more up top. The decision is really based on where you will be riding more often (street vs. track) and if you want to race or not. For the street i like the power delivery of the 510 (i bought one for that reason) because its harder to get yourself into too much trouble if you end up sliding the thing around but the 450's snap would come in handy on the track i bet. Also the 450s fit into racing a bit easier because of all the other 450s out there whereas 510s usually end up racing unlimited class to my knowledge. Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like the 450sm will feel more like the crf and the 510 will be a better street bike?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I own a 07' crf 450 (plated) a Fs 450 berg and have ridden my mates 510 for a whole day and did about 20 min on a track.
My conclusion is as follows:
The crf and 510 have quite alot in common power wise though the 510 is smother and has more torgue (to be expected).
The crf makes a shit road bike and should realistically be used to race with only.
The 510 can be used for both ,it also holds a shit load more oil and the gear ratios can be stretched a little more than a crf's,it also has electric start and comes set up for Supermoto unlike the crf.
The Berg is actually the best but the least powerful and that's mainly be because the berg has the best gearbox with wider spread ratios it becomes your best friend on the road but just wont cut it when it comes to power. Also like the 510 it comes Supermoto ready .

My suggestion to you would be to buy the Husqvarna 450 or 510 even though I think the price of parts are a little more expensive. The Berg is fantastic but I have seen to many of them break .And lastly for an out rite race bike buy a crf but make it work as a proper race bike you will spend as much or even more than just to go buy a Husqvarna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts