SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is really starting to piss me off 3rd time now.Just double checked pump this morning both zip ties and safety wire were in tacked thought I was good.Well guess what rode about 30min stopped at friends house go.to leave pump no prime relay clicks pump no work.All fuses are good too.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Bad ground? Bad fuel pump?:headscrat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let bike sit over night went out turned on key guess what pump worked,bench tested pump,ran for 15 min seemed ok till I shut it off and tried to do it again pump no worky.Rather than screwing around with dealer ordered ca cycleworks pump will have tomorrow,will post result.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Let bike sit over night went out turned on key guess what pump worked,bench tested pump,ran for 15 min seemed ok till I shut it off and tried to do it again pump no worky.Rather than screwing around with dealer ordered ca cycleworks pump will have tomorrow,will post result.
Gotta be a bad connection or grounding issue:headscrat

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hey guys, is there a relay for the pump? I would think an electric pump would either work or not. A relay on the other hand, can easily do as you described. Just another idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
'hitman' on here had the same issue. I think his dealer changed the pump.
yeah, but they needed 1 month to accomplish the task :)

if i was in the suite again right now, id just order a pump and do it myself to be hones, good move OP!

let us know how it works out...
p.s. mine was a 2010 from heinens (if that matters) and they have not contacted anyone about the issue till i raised that towards husky corporate myself...

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm in the same boat - 2010 sm510r. the bike will run for a while, but then the fuel pump will no longer prime after it gets too hot. what i don't understand is - if the pump is bad, why does it work when the bike is cool? i've read that it could also be a faulty temp sensor too.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
if the pump is bad, why does it work when the bike is cool? i've read that it could also be a faulty temp sensor too.
parts expand because of heat created by a short or whatever other reason and the pump jams.

let it cool off, parts shrink and the pump works again.

have seen this happen on a multitude of bikes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Skully hit the nail on the head installed pump a few minutes ago see how it goes.BTW mines 2010 with 650 miles on her.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Skully hit the nail on the head installed pump a few minutes ago see how it goes.BTW mines 2010 with 650 miles on her.
Well.....are you still pushing?:headscrat

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went for a good rip today about 80 miles and it looks like my swedish meatball is back in action ran great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts